What size cabin do we need????

MakMom

Newbie looking to book our very first cruise for this Aug. I feel secure about the ship, the ports, the days... However, I have NO idea about what cabin to book. We are a family of 4. Husband, myself, daughters 16 & 8. Looking at an inside just for the price. Can someone PLEASE help??!!! Can a room fit 4 people? Should be get 2 rooms? which level?? AHHHHH.....:eek:

The ship I'm looking at is the Liberty (carnival) West Caribbean, if that helps:)

We just recently took a cruise on the Victory & had 5 of us in a room & was an inside cabin, you will get to single lower beds and beds will be over top of those ....Kinda like bunks. But they are Very Comfortable. Then store all luggage under the beds. It was a little tight when we all 5 were in room, but we hardly was ever there except to sleep. Me & the girls went to the Spa to take showers at night because there was alot more room there & we could get 4 showers out of the way quickly without us all having to wait for each other in the room. Enjoy your Cruise. P.S. Do take a nightlight tho.;)

It can be done with 4 in a cabin, and the girls will have upper bunks over the twin beds for you and Dad. It will be crowded, but doable. Are you all usually neat and organized, or is stuff spread everywhere? You will manage better if people can be organized and put things away instead of strewing clothes and things all over the place. The shower tip above is very useful!

In a quad cabin, you will pay between $329 to $629 for each girl, depending on the week you are going. The fares for an inside cabin 1st and 2nd passenger will be $549 to $899, again depending on the week. For $220 to $279 more for each girl, you can put them in a separate but adjacent cabin, get two bathrooms and double the space. I would consider it worth the extra cost.

• 4 weeks later...

We went on NCL with DD and her DH, it was snug, but we made it. My niece is going on a cruise in January (there will be 26 of us) and they will have 5 in an inside room. Saved them a lot of money doing it that way. They've

Get the largest cabin you can afford--it will make a big difference in your comfort! Most cabins are pretty small--all 4 of you would have a hard time standing/walking in the cabin at the same time!

Bigger is better!

You may want to consider 2 cabins, so the adults can have "adult time"!

I would make the same suggestion of getting two separate cabins. I did a weekend cruise the end of September with 3 other women, all in the same cabin. Never again! What was I, the usual solo cruiser, thinking? To top it off, it was very rough and one of them got sick. Horrible cruise.

I think if price is a factor, you'll be fine in an inside cabin. I stayed with my friend and her football player size husband in an inside and we did just fine. The cabin steward put their beds together, and my pull down bunk was above, on the right side. The ladder was right next to the vanity but we just sat on the bed to do hair, etc.

Honestly, for us, price was a factor (obviously since we crammed three of us in a cabin :eek: ) but all three of us were rarely in there together. We made it work. If price isn't a factor, get two rooms. It will be easier, of course.

Some of my favorite memories are from a cruise my sister and I took with our parents waaaay back when. :D

we did 5 to an inside cabin on our first cruise.. but we kept the beds on the floor seperated which were put under the upper beds which gave us tons more floor space.

Like cherylandtk stated--you MUST keep the cabin organized or it will close up on you before midweek. Do not live out of suitcases-- unpack everything and put empty suitcases under the bed.

An over the door shoe holder keeps all that little stuff in one place. You will only have a little vanity fo table top storage-- keep that empty so you have someplace for room service trays--or to get makeup-hairs done-- (only one outlet in the cabin and thats located at the vanity-- where you will be drying your hair.

no place to sit except the beds... (whats the price difference to upgrade to an oceanview cabin?

first time cruiser you will be out of the cabin more then in it-- you will only see the kids at dinner and bed time.

I would choose the Empress deck just because it is sandwiched with other sleeping quarters. We went on the Liberty with family and had two balcony rooms and an inside for the kids. We were on the Veranda deck just below the pizza parlor. We heard chairs being dragged across the floor every night. My husband and I had our two girls (12 & 15) in the balcony room with us. There was enough room, but we did have to be neat about things. In the other balcony room were bro. and sis in law... they had plenty of room! (and privacy) Across the hall were my 17y/o son, 15 y/o nephew and 18y/o niece. They were cramped... but they were also not neat teenagers and there were clothes everywhere...toiletries spread out.... towels on the floor.... you get the picture I'm sure. I think you would be less harried and cramped if you got two adjoining cabins, but it is more costly too.If you do consider two inside cabins you might want to compare that cost to the cost of one balcony room. You might save a little money with the balcony have the space outside your room and the ability to feel more open. You won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps...have fun no matter what. she's a great ship...

Our family of 5 always books 2 cabins side by side. This way, hubby & I have private time. Also, we have 2 bathrooms, rather than all sharing one. On our first cruise, our kids were 18, 15 & 10 and they did fine. If they were at an activity separate from ours, they were to give a knock on the common wall when they got back to the cabin. Yours are a bit younger, so you'll need to judge what you feel comfortable with. If booking 2 rooms, they will assign you & your spouse to separate rooms due to age requirements. However, what you do once on board is up to you.

Archived