Flying Fish - anyone else see these?

Jilltoons

when on our first cruise we were sitting on our balcony in the middle of the ocean enjoying a nice alcoholic beverage I couldnt beleive my eyes. I thought my girlfriend had given me some absinthe in my drink lol. It was a fun experience and a good laugh with some fellow cruisers. My father owned a buisness at the fulton fish market for most of my childhood and I thought I was a complete fish expert.. but boy was I wrong. Good thing no one was around to place a wager with me... definitly would of been a big loss lol. They are definitly fun to watch.

One of my best memories is being on my balcony and my BIL on his right next door and the two of us watching the flying fish.

That was our cruise in Feb on the Liberty and we lost him to pancreatic cancer that July. None of us knew it at the time but we were making priceless memories on that cruise.

So having never seen flying fish, dolphins, or whales when on a cruise where & when is the best time to be looking for such things

Leaving from Galveston on a 5 day in Sept.

el tigre

Watch the water, during daylight hours. We've seen them leaving port and in the middle of the gulf.

So having never seen flying fish, dolphins, or whales when on a cruise where & when is the best time to be looking for such things

el tigre

Listing back to my cabin after the bars close, I've seen whole schools of them in the hallways.................................:D

Did see one at sea that flew almost the entire length of the Pride. Must have had perfect wind for that flight.

Dan

el tigre

I like to look for them while eating breakfast on my balcony!:D We have seen flying fish the last four cruises. Last February, we saw doplhins from our balcony too!:D

Archived