OBC Codes for your TA....

Laura11982

UPDATE: I called C&A and got the rudest person who hung up on me when i asked about the OBC. i then called rccl line and was explained about the code! and again transford back to C&A talked to a nice woman who told me to email it to rccl coupons for the onboard credit. i emailed it and got email notification un delivered! again i called C&A got a very nice man that explained it all to me it is not an onboard credit but a 50.00 off the sailing coupon. i emailed it to coupons now i will wait to see

OK, now I'm confused. :p :o

The original poster of this thread said there was no coupon, that this was just a promo CODE (promo code KACK) for $50 on board credit.

Sounds as if you have an actual coupon for $50 off your sailing?

Are we all talking about the same thing here? :confused:

Im a TA and I just wanted to chime in here. First of all I know exactely what this person is talking about, as it was promo that was sent to TA's only and the poster should have never got. ALSO the promo is for select sailings only, and MUST be entered in cruising power which is a TA only website.

Im a TA and I just wanted to chime in here. First of all I know exactely what this person is talking about, as it was promo that was sent to TA's only and the poster should have never got. ALSO the promo is for select sailings only, and MUST be entered in cruising power which is a TA only website.

I got the codes from my friend who is a TA. Second, they are NOT physical coupons that need to be mailed in. They are valid for any returning RCCL passenger who booked between Jan 1 and Mar 10, 2008.

DO NOT let them send you to C&A as they are not the ones doing this promo and may not know the details. It is the sales dept.

I got the codes from my friend who is a TA. Second, they are NOT physical coupons that need to be mailed in. They are valid for any returning RCCL passenger who booked between Jan 1 and Mar 10, 2008.

DO NOT let them send you to C&A as they are not the ones doing this promo and may not know the details. It is the sales dept.

That is my point exactely, your TA friend should have never given you these codes. And obviousely you dont know how cruisingpower works, you dont send in coupons, you enter the code number. Again you wont be able to use the code cause you cant access that site.

That is my point exactely, your TA friend should have never given you these codes. And obviousely you dont know how cruisingpower works, you dont send in coupons, you enter the code number. Again you wont be able to use the code cause you cant access that site.

Hmm... we must be misunderstanding eachother. I know I can't enter the codes. I emailed them to my TA and she posted them for me through cruisingpower. I never once said these were coupons. :)

Shouldn't a good TA already have known about this code and applied it to anyone's reservation that it pertained to? :confused:

Key word being "good." lol. My TA is not good. :eek: She fought me tooth and nail on this and I think it must be because it would affect her commission or something.

I'm booked through RCI. Any way to find out if my sailing eligible? and who to contact?

Contact the sales dept and ask for the "past guest promotion" that gets you OBC. You have to have booked between Jan 1 and March 10.

That is another thing...........are we, customers, suppose to be calling the sales dept??? Who are they? Sales dept. for TA's????

This is why I contacted C & A.

Actually they are coupons with the code on them, and they were mailed to past passengers saying thank you for sailing on _________.

They are not for an OBC, but for $25 or $50 off another booking. So it will not wipe out any OBC. I got both an OBC and the $25 off a 4 day sailing.

Actually they are coupons with the code on them, and they were mailed to past passengers saying thank you for sailing on _________.

They are not for an OBC, but for $25 or $50 off another booking. So it will not wipe out any OBC. I got both an OBC and the $25 off a 4 day sailing.

I don't think this is the same as what Laura has posted.

I think your offer is a different one.

the gentleman i talked to told me i would recieve $50.00 off my sailing i booked feb 12th 2008! he went on to explain that it is only good for sailings booked january 1st thru march 10th, and only good on certain sailings. mine happened to be one of them! and that this is not a onboard credit but a dollars off promo for past guests. he told me all i needed to do was put my: sailing, conformation#, my name & C&A # and write $50.00 dollars off sailing in an email and send it to them. and it would be applied! so as to save confusion here on the boards and arguments this is a CODE for $50.00 off CERTAIN SAILINGS!

the gentleman i talked to told me i would recieve $50.00 off my sailing i booked feb 12th 2008! he went on to explain that it is only good for sailings booked january 1st thru march 10th, and only good on certain sailings. mine happened to be one of them! and that this is not a onboard credit but a dollars off promo for past guests. he told me all i needed to do was put my: sailing, conformation#, my name & C&A # and write $50.00 dollars off sailing in an email and send it to them. and it would be applied! so as to save confusion here on the boards and arguments this is a CODE for $50.00 off CERTAIN SAILINGS!

Thank you!!!

:D I just wanted to say thanks to Laura11982 for the OBC post. It's these kinds of postings that help to save us some money! And they are usually the posts I look for first! So thanks again Laura-and to anyone else that submit a posting that saves $$$$$ Without you the majority of us would never know of these savings!

:D I just wanted to say thanks to Laura11982 for the OBC post. It's these kinds of postings that help to save us some money! And they are usually the posts I look for first! So thanks again Laura-and to anyone else that submit a posting that saves $$$$$ Without you the majority of us would never know of these savings!

You are so welcome! I am glad you were able to use them!! I love savin' money, so I thought I would share the wealth, so to speak, with my fellow CCers. :D

Thank you everyone for your helpful info! CC is great!

I noticed on RCI's site that there is a $100 OBC for select sailings and gives a code MSZ5. I'm not sure if this is for new sailings, etc., but may be worthwhile to check it out. I called my TA for my Nov. 29 sailing to see if I'd quality (just made the reservation this month) and she said she'd check into it.

I guess it can't hurt to ask!

By the way - how do we know we have an OBC? This is our first RCCL cruise and am wondering how we actually KNOW it's credited to our accounts!

I've called c&a twice - they never heard of such a code or promotion. They transfered me to sales, first guy says only good for short cruises (3 & 4 days) I'm booked for 10 - next guys says he doesn't see a promotion listed, must be a mistake. So I'm up to 4 phone calls - but no credit for me. What gives.....................what exactly did you guys do to get the $.

Thank you everyone for your helpful info! CC is great!

I noticed on RCI's site that there is a $100 OBC for select sailings and gives a code MSZ5. I'm not sure if this is for new sailings, etc., but may be worthwhile to check it out. I called my TA for my Nov. 29 sailing to see if I'd quality (just made the reservation this month) and she said she'd check into it.

I guess it can't hurt to ask!

By the way - how do we know we have an OBC? This is our first RCCL cruise and am wondering how we actually KNOW it's credited to our accounts!

Your TA can find out if you have OBC on your account. If you do the OBC will not show on your SeaPass account (on the ship) until a couple of days after you sail.

Where on the RCI website did you see the MSZ5 coupon code? I looked around and didn't see anything.:confused:

I e-mailed my TA yesterday, as I fall into this category.... (past cruiser, unpaid cruise booked). He said he would try the code... it may take 48 hrs to post. No coupon is necessary.

Got an e-mail todays saying the credit went thru.

Did you book after Jan 1, 2008?

I've called c&a twice - they never heard of such a code or promotion. They transfered me to sales, first guy says only good for short cruises (3 & 4 days) I'm booked for 10 - next guys says he doesn't see a promotion listed, must be a mistake. So I'm up to 4 phone calls - but no credit for me. What gives.....................what exactly did you guys do to get the $.

My friend is trying to get it applied to her 2 cruises that were booked since Jan. 1. Her TA says RCI wants it "faxed". I told her it's not a hard copy coupon..........just a code. I'd be curious why it's working for some and not for others too........

Archived