Spencer Ambrose tours????

Sgt. Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I know others have inquired about this earlier in the thread, but no one with first hand experience has commented on it. I wanted to book with Spencer but he informed me that he was already booked that day (1/7) and offered his brother's services. After the gushing reviews of Spencer, I am a little hesitant to book with his brother. Any suggestions?

I am sure you would have a wonderful day with Spencer's brother. Spencer is as genuine as they come and his reputation rests on his service. I don't think you would be disappointed in the least. Have a wonderful time!

We were with Ambrose last week and the guy did an awesome job. We were travelling with small kids, and he made sure they have fun as well. He is very nice, very thoughfull, and very professional. He was in fact the only guide accompanying his clients on sites, and explaining everything to us. The others tours guides/drivers stayed in their cars while people were going around. I would defenitly recommend him. He made such an impression on my kids that they keep asking when they would see him again.

We were with Spencer last week and had a blast!!!!!!!! I did a review on this board but I have no idea what happended to it.... Spencer is a fantastic man and showed my family and I a great time!! You will love him!! Any questions????? Ask away!!

There were some recent questions about Spencer's brother on this page, so we thought we'd contribute... we just got back from our trip about a week ago, and Spencer's brother, Neptune, was our tour guide, since Spencer was already booked with a different family (I believe that was Sgt Jeff!). We had a great time with Neptune. I believe he and Spencer go to all the same places and give you most of the same information about the stops. He was very friendly and helpful, and was able to answer lots of questions. We definitely recommend him!!!

The only recommendation we had for the tour was to maybe skip the botanical waterfall, and instead spend more time at Jalousie Beach-- a totally phenomenal beach. The waterfall was nice, but not too big or too exciting compared to the stunning beach.

If you have any other questions about Neptune, feel free to ask. My husband and I were the only ones with him, so it was nice to get a private tour. I think most of the tours Spencer gives are private too-- which is why he asked his brother to take my husband and I around the island, as he was already booked for that date.

There were some recent questions about Spencer's brother on this page, so we thought we'd contribute... we just got back from our trip about a week ago, and Spencer's brother, Neptune, was our tour guide, since Spencer was already booked with a different family (I believe that was Sgt Jeff!). We had a great time with Neptune. I believe he and Spencer go to all the same places and give you most of the same information about the stops. He was very friendly and helpful, and was able to answer lots of questions. We definitely recommend him!!!

The only recommendation we had for the tour was to maybe skip the botanical waterfall, and instead spend more time at Jalousie Beach-- a totally phenomenal beach. The waterfall was nice, but not too big or too exciting compared to the stunning beach.

If you have any other questions about Neptune, feel free to ask. My husband and I were the only ones with him, so it was nice to get a private tour. I think most of the tours Spencer gives are private too-- which is why he asked his brother to take my husband and I around the island, as he was already booked for that date.

Hey!!! That was us with Sprencer! We should have have just all gotten into 1 vehicle!! My kids would've drove you crazy, though! It was nice to meet the two of you and we loved Jalousie Beach as well!!! How about the fresh, buttered bread???? I could eat some fight now!! Look us up if you are ever in the Myrtle Beach area!! Take Care.

We had Spencer and his bother "Small" for our tour (24 of us). Really enjoyed the tour. We customed our tour, skipped all the volvanic, botanic, water fall, just a short tour around the capital and straight to Jalouise beach.

MTV

• 2 months later...

We recently arranged for Spencer for a tour of St Lucia when our ship was in port. Unfortunately Spencer was ill on the day we arrived but his brother Neptune who works with him was waiting for us and we had a great day travelling down the west coast of St Lucia from Castries to Soufrierre with many stops along the way. He met us around 8.20am and it was just after 4.00pm when we got back. The small minibus he uses was great with free soft drinks & beer provided. Neptune was very knowledgeable pointing out many things and regularly stopping at great view points so we could take photographs. Despite being hit by a very bad cold Spencer called to speak to us at lunchtime just to make sure we were enjoying our day which was very kind of him. We would recommend Spencer and his brother Neptune for anyone thinking of organising an independent trip when in St Lucia.

• 2 weeks later...
He charges us around $25.00-30.00 pp. BTW he was so good to us I sent him a bank draft when I got home as I did not have that much cash with me at the time. Spencer is the best! BTW the draft took one mo. from near Chicago to St. Lucia. Snail mail. :D

how many people were in your group? he gave me a price of $55pp. quite a difference. was lunch included?

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a trip to Jalousie beach with Spencer. Man was it great everything went perfect. Spencer meet us at the terminal as planned and put us with a great driver/guide Neptune. Neptune was courtious and knowlegeable. He took good care of us and got us back on time. So if you are planning a day in St Lucia contact Spencer Ambrose.

Also the beach at Jalousie is beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

We just toured with Spencer last week and he is fabulous! There are 5 in our family (3 teens) and Spencer asked us all questions about the island and gave "points" if we guessed correctly. It really got the kids involved. We learned about bananas and how they are grown (very interesting as he is very knowledgeable). He showed us many native plants and fruits and told us about the different villages and people. Jalousie beach was absolutely fantastic and was like a tropical paradise.

Spencer is a careful driver and he knows so many people from his time as a police officer. He is very professional and I would highly recommend his tour.

We recently toured with Spencer as well, and everyone was right about how great of a person that Spencer is. We did a private tour for 2 with him. The cost was comparable to doing one of the ships tours, but the experience is quite different than a ship tour. In fact, we did not see another cruise ship passenger all day long. Spencer will take you anywhere that you want to go, and he will stop anywhere along the way that you want to. He also made numerous stops along the way to buy local made food at vendor carts. Drinks were provided in his cooler, and he will bring whatever you want, so don't be shy about telling him what you want (I highly recommend the Vita Malt). In fact, "don't be shy" was one of his favorite sayings. He wants to give you the experience that you want, so don't be shy.

The entire day was very enjoyable, but the beach at Jaloise was very special. Jaloise is a very nice beach resort that is nestled between the pitons,and it is nothing short of paradise. All the beaches on St Lucia are public, but you must either arrive by water taxi or cross Jaloise property to get to Jaloise Beach. They let Spencer bring his guests because he has a working relationship the resort. The beach is sparsely populated, very relaxing, and way cool.

We highly recommend Spencer for a truly memorable experience.

We recently toured with Spencer as well, and everyone was right about how great of a person that Spencer is. We did a private tour for 2 with him. The cost was comparable to doing one of the ships tours, but the experience is quite different than a ship tour. In fact, we did not see another cruise ship passenger all day long. Spencer will take you anywhere that you want to go, and he will stop anywhere along the way that you want to. He also made numerous stops along the way to buy local made food at vendor carts. Drinks were provided in his cooler, and he will bring whatever you want, so don't be shy about telling him what you want (I highly recommend the Vita Malt). In fact, "don't be shy" was one of his favorite sayings. He wants to give you the experience that you want, so don't be shy.

The entire day was very enjoyable, but the beach at Jaloise was very special. Jaloise is a very nice beach resort that is nestled between the pitons,and it is nothing short of paradise. All the beaches on St Lucia are public, but you must either arrive by water taxi or cross Jaloise property to get to Jaloise Beach. They let Spencer bring his guests because he has a working relationship the resort. The beach is sparsely populated, very relaxing, and way cool.

We highly recommend Spencer for a truly memorable experience.

Hearing your review makes me want to book a flight and go back now!!!!

Archived