If they call my number, do I have to get off?

MommaOML

Our flight doesn't leave until 2 pm on debarkation day. We're on the Spirit, so we'll be in at 8 am, give or take.

I'm wondering ... what if I get an "early" number? Do I have to leave with my group, or can I hang out on Lido until they kick me off the ship?

You can hang out until they kick you off so to speak, but try not to go in while they're still calling numbers. It tends to clog up the process for those with the numbers that have been called who want or need to go when their numbers are called. Hope that makes sense because I'm not sure I explained that clearly. It's late! ;)

You can hang out until they kick you off so to speak, but try not to go in while they're still calling numbers. It tends to clog up the process for those with the numbers that have been called who want or need to go when their numbers are called. Hope that makes sense because I'm not sure I explained that clearly. It's late! ;)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've stayed on past my number being called... and actually, my suitcases were easier to find! BUT, the porters were harder to come by in Galveston... They were all being used and there was a line... BUT hey, when waiting in line, it just means you get to meet more friends you've never met!

If you don't have to rush, why stress??? You just came back from a cruise and need to maintain that 'hang-loose' spirit as long as you can. Traffic and the world is what awaits you on the 'other side.'

You can also request a later number. Talk to the purser or your cabin steward...

I have never had anyone check my number to make sure I am getting off at the right time, I usually wait around on the lido, have some breakfast, another cup of coffee, and wait til the crowd thins out. Easy to find my luggage afterwards, but maybe a little harder to get a cab, still, we got one without too much wait.

I guess its a different story if you have to be somewhere by a certain (earlier) time, but so far we have never had to run to catch a plane.

Archived