Freeport.. CLOSED??

Seester

Freeport was hit somewhat hard. Right now the larger resorts on the beach (the Westin and Sheraton) are closed for repairs until Nov 1 and Oct 1, respectively. As to when the cruise ships return, when they feel they can make money they'll be back. For now who wants to visit a big construction site with the bulk of the sites and stores closed down? I hope the people in Freeport can pull things together, and I hope the ships return a little sooner they should so the people can make money sooner, but right now it's best the ships stay away.

I know that we are still a long way off, but if Freeport was still closed when we cruise, what will they do on the day we are supposed to go to Freeport? I'm not asking for something free from the cruiseline, I am just wondering what they do in this situation? Thanks!:p

My worst fear might be realized if they divert us to Port Canaveral. My husband and I drove down there last year for our first cruise...to us....why pay so much for a cruise to a place we can drive to....and there isn't really all that much there unless you want to visit the NASA visitor center....the beaches are ok but not great that are in the vicinity but you'd have to take a taxi from the pier to go anywhere...there is absolutely nothing else close by.... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....but that's just my opinion.

vermonter16

Isn't the other option out of Port Canaveral to do those very expensive excursions to WDW or Universal? I think I'd rather have an extended (overnight) stop at Key West. Or - for those on the Miracle in October - the alternate itinerary they'll be sailing this week to St. Thomas and Tortola!

I saw that about St. Thomas. How cool would that be! We've been several times but I would love for my Mom to get to see St. Thomas. The reason I thought PC might be decent was to go to Universal or Disney, but I can understand that most may not be interested in that. They aren't exactly typical shore excursions. Oh well.

hmmmm.....whatever gets done, we'll be on a cruise ship. I just want sand, water and some really good drinks. Where I get them makes not a bit of difference in the world.....oh heck, who am I kidding, I'm not really interested in Port Canaveral. I'll take Tortola if we can get it any day of the week. I agree, I can drive to Florida. I want something that I can't get to. Oh well, if there's another day at see, I predict some rowdy passangers. Not me of course, I'll be taking the pictures!

We are sailing out of Norfolk so if they do cancle the stop at Freeport our other options are limited so that we can get back in time for the next group. I just hope it's not Port Canaveral. Key West would be nice. No knock on the city or people of Port Canaveral but if we do dock there I think I will just stay onboard and enjoy a less crowded ship.

I do not understand why they are now limiting the ports to only two....like those going to St. Thomas/Tortola...I know that the ship can make its regular Key West stop in addition to those.... And why Port Canaveral and not regularly scheduled Key West....is there something going on with Key West that we don't know about? My husband and I are used to 4 stops...and we took this cruise because it was convenient and sacrificed to 3 stops...however, if they lower it to 2....part of my love for cruising is to get to see a lot of different places.... In the end I know that Port Canaveral is not one of those places I want to see again....blah....at least not that I paid big bucks for.

vermonter16

YES! ;)

Isn't the other option out of Port Canaveral to do those very expensive excursions to WDW or Universal? I think I'd rather have an extended (overnight) stop at Key West. Or - for those on the Miracle in October - the alternate itinerary they'll be sailing this week to St. Thomas and Tortola!

Archived