Cookies

SusieV

With all the new menu talk, I thought I'd ask if anyone's noticed that the cookie recipe has changed. On our Galaxy cruise last year, I found the chocolate chip cookies to be light, crispy, and not too sweet. On Constellation, they tasted much more like store bought- soft and chewy with an almost cloying sweetness.

Anyone else notice? (or care for that matter since it's such a minor detail?)

It really isn't a big deal but I do miss those cookies. I don't really enjoy the new recipe.

I had high expectations for the cookies based on what I read on this board. But on my 1/4/08 Galaxy cruise, the cookies were only so-so. Frankly, I've had better from the supermarket or Costco. They didn't have any buttery flavor, and the chocolate chips weren't very flavorful. They mainly tasted like sugar.

The famous waffles, on the other hand, were great!

There is a yummy cookie/square that I believe is called a Florentine. It is a shortbread base with small bits of dried fruit and topped with a honey-syrupy coating. During the Alaska run on the Mercury in August, thery were offered once at tea time and them disappeared from the buffet area. They were available on the tea carts to the Suite occupants but not offered to the regular public. When I cornered the head chef, he flagged down the pastry chef who then disappeared and returned with voila.. enough Florentines to last me the week. Be careful what you wish for... :p

My favorite =X= cookies are the almond macaroons that are served at afternoon tea - they are to die for!!!! :) Only 4 more days till I can have some!!!! :D

Good for you.

I love the chocolate cake the day we embark in the buffet.

Seems to be the best that day.

X has typically had more of the French influence in deserts and pastries, and that would be less sweet than we are usually exposed to here in the US. As long as they don't mess with my almond croissants or the waffles, I don't care about the cookies!

Earlier this month on the Century, they had a yummy Heath Crunch cookie. My DH preferred the all chocolate cookies. On the last day of the cruise, the ship had run out of both types and were trying to pass off some very awful Oatmeal cookies. They were definitely homemade, because some were burnt. They were very thick, tasted like flour and were hard as a rock! :( I had to settle for more ice cream.:D

My favorite =X= cookies are the almond macaroons that are served at afternoon tea - they are to die for!!!! :) Only 4 more days till I can have some!!!! :D

ITA! Those macaroon cookies are heavenly! I will be doing extra cardio work in the gym so I can have a lot of them next month! LOL! ;)

On the Galaxy in Dec the very best cookies were served at the pool grill. They seemed fresher than the ones on the buffet or the ones the butler brought. Maybe it was the aroma of the grease from the grill? :confused:

There were some that I am sure were butterscotch crunch, which our butler kept telling us were peanut butter. Maybe peanut brittle? I thought they were wonderful but my DH figures nothing can beat the chocolate chip. And since he is smart, he also says they are not as good as the ones I bake. I am not sure new recipe, old recipe, or different bakers but the cookies on Galaxy seemed almost all better than the Infinity last April. When did they change recipes?

Archived