Does anyone know what is the latest

Depending on when you arrive, its usually 3 or 4 hours. My last two cruises I've stayed on until the announcement that basically said "If you're still on, get off" I think they were like 10 or so

I know what you mean about being reluctant to get off the ship, but remember how, a week earlier, you were anxious to get onboard? They can't begin boarding new passengers until the previous week's passengers have cleared the ship. I'd say that in most instances they try to have everyone off by no later than 10 or 10:30 and I hope that everyone would extend the same courtesy to the oncoming passengers that was extended to them the previous week, by not lingering onboard any longer than necessary.:) The CBP folks will also appreciate your not keeping them at their posts any longer than necessary, and I have always found it a good idea not to irritate those people.:D

You will have to get off pretty early, but you can use this to your advantage. Last time we went out of San Juan, on the way back we were able to take advantage of a service where you pay and you can have your bags checked in for your airline right at the pier. This gave us enough time to go up to El Morro and then come back down thru OSJ before taking a taxi back to the airport. It really made the last day more enjoyable than sitting in the airport (which you may not be able to get into early anyway).

Enjoy your Southern cruise!

I know what you mean about being reluctant to get off the ship, but remember how, a week earlier, you were anxious to get onboard? They can't begin boarding new passengers until the previous week's passengers have cleared the ship. I'd say that in most instances they try to have everyone off by no later than 10 or 10:30 and I hope that everyone would extend the same courtesy to the oncoming passengers that was extended to them the previous week, by not lingering onboard any longer than necessary.:) The CBP folks will also appreciate your not keeping them at their posts any longer than necessary, and I have always found it a good idea not to irritate those people.:D

Even when we have gotten off at like 10ish there was still a long line through the ship of people waiting so be prepared for a line no mater when you get off unless you are the first one off :)

That last morning is anything but what you've become used to! Lingering won't be pleasant!

I've found that when the ship is back and most of the people have gotten off is an excellent time to take pictures and lounging on the pool deck sure beats standing in a long line to get off and having to deal with all the cranky people. While there are no services, its not that bad. I agree though that you don't want to hang around so long as to make it delay new people getting on. Normally shortly after the last color is called, they make an announcement thats its basically Last Call. When they do that, there are usually still 1 or 2 colors still in line.

On one of our sailings a woman was swimming in the pool while we were sitting around waiting to get off. I thought that was a great idea. It was a home port so we could just throw on a cover up when the last color was called. We would be fairly dry by the time we got to our car-just throw a plastic cover and a towel on the seat, and home we go. We just weren't smart enough to think of it!:( :( (Perhaps that woman had VIP boarding or was doing a BtB and not getting off the ship-but who would know.:D )

Archived