Belfast

Grannycb

I wrote to another tour company about getting into Belfast from the ship for their tour. Here was the reply in part:

"From your ship, there will be complimentary shuttle buses operating from the port side to the Belfast Welcome Centre in the city centre." The reply went on to say the shuttle buses would run throughout the day.

I believe the Welcome Centre area is the starting point for several different tours. Your tour company should be able to verify the shuttle bus information for your cruise date.

Last Sept, the city of Belfast paid for the shuttle service for the whole ship. The shuttles ran from the ship to the welcome centre.

We will be in Belfast on July 6,2008 on the Grand Princess. We plan on taking the mini coach tour to the "Giant Causeway" ....... there have been so many good comments about this tour company. My question is this: do they pick you up at the port where the ship docks? Or do you have to take a cab somewhere? Thanks so much! :)

Stage2Traveler:

I will also be in the Grand Princess in July 2008 and I am looking to book a tour of Giant's Causeway from the ship. I got a response from the famous Black Taxi tour and they said they would pick up a group from the ship (200 pounds for 2 ppl plus more for addtl passengers up to 7 pppl). I have not yet received a response from mini coach but I would like to join a group if you are looking for additional passengers (I will have one other person travelling with me as well). Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread...nothing was in the roll call thread for the grand princess

We will be in Belfast on July 6,2008 on the Grand Princess. We plan on taking the mini coach tour to the "Giant Causeway" ....... there have been so many good comments about this tour company. My question is this: do they pick you up at the port where the ship docks? Or do you have to take a cab somewhere? Thanks so much! :)

We will be traveling with you on the Grand.

This is what Mini Coach website says

"Additional pickups are available within 1 mile radius of Belfast City Centre. Please check with your accommodation provider for further details"

Hopefully you can get an anwer DiamondDiva's way.

I finally recieved a response from mini coach after the second email attempt. They will pick up at the ship but they quoted me a price for an 8am arrival so I had to email them to find if the price changes for 12pm arrival time. I will post the info when they reply with the updated info. If you anyone is interested in sharing a 16 passenger luxury mini coach from the ship to Giant's Causeway please see my posting on the ROLL CALL.

Sorry, my mistake (in too much of a rush), but that is what we tried twice, but will try again.

Graham.

Try putting it directly into your email program rather than the link on their website. I had read that they were having trouble with that link not working.

Last summer Mini-Coach charged £30 per person and we had to have a miniumum of 10 people. Looking back at some of my info from last year, you may need to arrange a special trip with them because I don't think their regular tour gets back in time before your ship sails. Leaving straight from the dock at 8:00 a.m., we had a very full day before being dropped off in time for the ship to sail at 5:00 p.m. We did have some trouble reaching the company at first but we got it all worked out in plenty of time. It was a wonderful tour, I'd do it again in a minute.

Last summer Mini-Coach charged £30 per person and we had to have a miniumum of 10 people. Looking back at some of my info from last year, you may need to arrange a special trip with them because I don't think their regular tour gets back in time before your ship sails. Leaving straight from the dock at 8:00 a.m., we had a very full day before being dropped off in time for the ship to sail at 5:00 p.m. We did have some trouble reaching the company at first but we got it all worked out in plenty of time. It was a wonderful tour, I'd do it again in a minute.

The price is the same this year. We've just booked with them for our August 7 port call on the Azamara Journey. Hope we can 8 more signed up.

Try info@minicoachni.co.uk -- I got a response in a day.

I have had a reply now from someone called Caroline Cooke from Mini-coach Travel. She gives a different E-mail address & a mobile number. She requests credit card info. by E-mail which I do not think is safe. We are trying to get more information. She says they do tours from the cruise ships for 30 pounds each & no mention of a minimum number of people.

CHUNK47- I think that Bob.K said that you were 'AT' a bit of a loss as to where he could get cask conditioned ale in Northern Ireland, which is a bit different from saying that you 'Are' a bit of a loss.

Graham.

I have had a reply now from someone called Caroline Cooke from Mini-coach Travel. She gives a different E-mail address & a mobile number. She requests credit card info. by E-mail which I do not think is safe. We are trying to get more information. She says they do tours from the cruise ships for 30 pounds each & no mention of a minimum number of people.

Graham.

Caroline Cooke is the same person I'm dealing with. I specifically asked what the minimum number of people is. Most business request a credit card number to secure a reservation, and I had no problem providing it. I have never had a problem.Hope we can come up with 8 more for our tour as it sounds great. There was another post elsewhere that highly recommended this itinerary.

I have spoken to Caroline by telephone. She is delightful to deal with. She was off last week for the Easter break. The email that you were given is her personal one. The telephone number is on the website.

If you have any concerns, use an American Express card or another card which will investigate in the event of a problem.

Hopefully someone will post that they used this service last year and tell us that it was wonderful.

I am organizing a private tour with her.

QE2 visits Belfast on 4th October. We hope to make the most of the day with a trip up to the Giant's Causeway & then a tour of the city. I would like to see the Harland & Wolff shipyard too.

We will give the Bushmills Distillery a miss though. We think that we do it better.:D

Graham.

Archived