Liberty of the Seas

We are going on Liberty 6/7/08 - my daughters dream ship and since her sweet sixteen is on the 11th what else could we do. I know there has to be a lot of us out there so I started a new thread under the Roll

calls so come join us over there and lets get our thread started - adults and kids alike. I can't believe theres not a full blown thread going already.

I also have a question about Liberty - someone told me that Becky is going to be the CD at that time does anyone know if thats true cause we had her twice on the Mariner and thought wshe was the best we've ever had. And can anyone tell me if the ship is a great as I think its going to be, I keep looking for more pictures of the inside of the ship public areas and staterooms so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the info :)

We got back from the Liberty last week, and although it has been 15 years since I last cruised, the ship was awesome. Ken Rush was our CD, but he said that was his last cruise and was moving to the Independence, so you might be right about the CD. The ship is huge! I wrote a LONG detailed review this morning that should be posted in the next day or two on the member reviews page.

We had an inside cabin, and the pictures I have are pretty close to what you see on RC website, but keep looking around I am sure some folks have pics here and in the reviews section. Have a great time! Can't wait to go again!

Thanks for the information, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise so much. We can't wait to go, only 104 days and counting - we're not excited huh. Having Becky as the CD would just be an added bonus, but I'm sure since it their newest ship in the Caribbean whomever they have on there will be great. Thanks again and can't wait to read your review.

I just added about 200 of my 800 pics of Liberty. I tried to do just ship and port pictures. The ship is amazing and you will have a great time. Just make sure you make time for the stuff you really really want to do, we seemed to run out of time for a few things on the ship. There is so much to do! Enjoy the pictures! Make sure to say something about your daughter's Birthday, they seemed to do many celebrations while we were on board, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries...HAVE FUN!! :D

Thanks for sharing your pictures with me and my family we really enjoyed looking at them. Seeing them makes us want to go tommorrow. Catherine that was great that you guys went for Valentines day, my huisband and I went on the Jewel in early November for our birthdays we went smack in the middle of both of them. And we did it adult only-no kids. We don't do that very often but once in a while we have to get away just the two of us.

Thanks again to both of you!:)

We are going on Liberty 6/7/08 - my daughters dream ship and since her sweet sixteen is on the 11th what else could we do. I know there has to be a lot of us out there so I started a new thread under the Roll

calls so come join us over there and lets get our thread started - adults and kids alike. I can't believe theres not a full blown thread going already.

I also have a question about Liberty - someone told me that Becky is going to be the CD at that time does anyone know if thats true cause we had her twice on the Mariner and thought wshe was the best we've ever had. And can anyone tell me if the ship is a great as I think its going to be, I keep looking for more pictures of the inside of the ship public areas and staterooms so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the info :)

Here's a whole album of Liberty photos: http://travel.webshots.com/album/558986209xVvVJk

Thanks for sharing your pictures with me and my family we really enjoyed looking at them. Seeing them makes us want to go tommorrow. Catherine that was great that you guys went for Valentines day, my huisband and I went on the Jewel in early November for our birthdays we went smack in the middle of both of them. And we did it adult only-no kids. We don't do that very often but once in a while we have to get away just the two of us.

Thanks again to both of you!:)

I'm glad you enjoyed them! I really haven't been able to absorb them all myself yet, there are over 800! I'd be happy to share them all, if you want to email me, Cavatelli430@aol.com. I haven't got captions on them all yet, but they are in order.

We really enjoyed being on the ship for Valentine's Day. Many people seemed to dress up in red that night, even though it wasn't a formal night. And the ship's photographers were everywhere, just about every night. My husband and I did a lifestyles pic Valentines, it's got a nice background with date and everything. I was very impressed with the photographs. Save up some extra spending money for that, we did buy quite a few professional pictures. I'd be happy to share those too, have to scan them still.

I remembered something about the CD. We had Ken Rush, but it appears from some of our group that was on the week before also, they had James Andrews. I guess the week we were on happen to be the week that he had to do office work. So it sounded like he would be back the next week. I don't know how often they move around, but it sounds like they move often. Ken Rush was a lot of fun, he did say at C & A gathering that he was going to Independence.

We just got back today and it was James Andrews. They said that he and Ken switch off for vacations, but that Ken would be going to Independance in a few weeks. He's been taking out all the new ships. James was great.

Sooooooooo will it be James or Becky in May 08'?? anyone know?

As much as they move around, I don't think you'll be able to find out till a week or 2 before. If you get lucky, maybe someone will post live from Liberty the week before you and they can get you the scoop! Enjoy!

We are sailing her on November 8 for our first time and cant wait! I have so many questions too! :)

When is the best time to hit the flowrider?

What type of music is played in the english pub at night?

We are going to Labadee ... what is there to do there?

What are the best nights to hit Portofino and Chops, we were thinking the formal nights, b/c DH doesnt want to bring a tux.

Are there many kid son the ship? We are bringing DS (then 15)

Thanks so much for the pics! Just makes me want the next 39 days to go even faster!! We were on Liberty for the pre-inaug so seeing your pictures just made me remember what a fantastic time we had and how much we are waiting to get back on Liberty for a whole week.

Archived