Email address for NCL's Refund Department

ging466

Hi

I was on the Dream in December when it crashed into a container barge in Montevideo. All passengers were advised that they would get a 50% refund on their cruise.

I am in Australia and booked via a TA and so far I have received half of my 50% refund. Today I was advised by NCL's customer service that the second part of my refund was $105 less than I was expecting. I was told to contact the Refunds department.:mad:

I can't understand why NCL have decided to make part payments to me especially when other passengers have been paid in full 2 days after the collision. This refund is costing me money in time, cheque fees, foreign exchange fees and I'm not in a position to telephone Miami from Australia.

Can anyone give me the email address of NCL's Refund Department?

Thankx in advance.

Cheers

Ging466

Phone calls don't leave a paper trail though. Unless it is recorded they can tell you anything on the phone and you have no proof of it once you hang up. With an e-mail at least you can show them a copy and say that so-and-so said this.

Keith

Maybe they are calculating your fare differently than you are. Look at all that you paid, the currency you paid in, and see if maybe they have calculated it differently.

I agree with the others that a phone call can resolve it fastest. Maybe you can find a friend with Skype or some other internet phone service and talk for free?

Even if you do call them directly, they may not be willing to speak with you because you used a TA. Our DD had to cancel a NCL cruise (due to injuries). She had booked through V-t-Go, so NCL reps told her that her cruising info was blocked from their computers; her TA had to call with the necessary codes to unblock the screens. (Which sounded fishy, but that's what they said LOL). Anyway, the refund department wouldn't speak with DD (or us) directly; all contact had to be through the TA.

In DD's case, the TA had completed the refund form incorrectly, so NCL didn't honor the request. Of course we didn't discover this until she formally complained to the CEO of the company. During his staff's investigation, the error was discovered; we requested that the form be completed properly and resubmitted. And that worked! We assumed the TA would keep trying to get the refund- but didn't; when the refund wasn't paid, she just assumed it wasn't due.

So verify that all your paperwork has been completed accurately!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I finally contacted the Refunds department and as advised above, they wouldn't give me any info because I'd booked with a TA. TA eventually got a cheque but NCL have decided to short pay me by $116.00 and no one will tell me why. I cannot get over NCL's attitude about this. They told all passengers that we would get a 50% refund but they seem to put provisos on my refund.

Next step is to write to their President....does anyone know his name?

Thankx for your help.

Cheers

Ging

Ok, I finally contacted the Refunds department and as advised above, they wouldn't give me any info because I'd booked with a TA. TA eventually got a cheque but NCL have decided to short pay me by $116.00 and no one will tell me why. I cannot get over NCL's attitude about this. They told all passengers that we would get a 50% refund but they seem to put provisos on my refund.

Next step is to write to their President....does anyone know his name?

Thankx for your help.

Cheers

Ging

I'm wondering if the refund is 50% of the cruise fare before the NCF is added in.

Archived