Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Karen have a great cruise. You are definitely due -- my goodness!!!! You are such a wealth of information for the rest of us cruisers - thanks again for all the work you do for the rest of us to cruise from your fair city!

Mary in NC <---counting days until we are in Seattle next May -- 242 and counting :)

Karen have a great cruise. You are definitely due -- my goodness!!!! You are such a wealth of information for the rest of us cruisers - thanks again for all the work you do for the rest of us to cruise from your fair city!

Mary in NC <---counting days until we are in Seattle next May -- 242 and counting :)

Mary: You are welcome, and thank you. It will be here before you know it. Check in from time to time if you have any questions.

Karen, joining in on wishes for your Bon Voyage and offering you some very special thank yous for starting this thread.

DH & I are the couple who are meeting up with Lois R in Seattle Saturday. We have ``talked'' back and forth with each other for several years on CC but have never met face to face.

Thanks to this thread, 98Charlie and I discovered Lois would be in Seattle the same day as us -- and that we will also be taking the train to Vancouver together. It's a great feeling to finally be able to hook up with a long-time CC friend.

You are definitely a big gem for Seattle's crown of tourism. Keep up the great work and hopefully we will be meeting on a cruise or somewhere in the future.

Love you,

Dianne

Go Bucks

Karen, joining in on wishes for your Bon Voyage and offering you some very special thank yous for starting this thread.

DH & I are the couple who are meeting up with Lois R in Seattle Saturday. We have ``talked'' back and forth with each other for several years on CC but have never met face to face.

Thanks to this thread, 98Charlie and I discovered Lois would be in Seattle the same day as us -- and that we will also be taking the train to Vancouver together. It's a great feeling to finally be able to hook up with a long-time CC friend.

You are definitely a big gem for Seattle's crown of tourism. Keep up the great work and hopefully we will be meeting on a cruise or somewhere in the future.

Love you,

Dianne

Go Bucks

Dianne: Thanks, and I hope we meet some day as well. For which Bucs is it that you cheer (i.e. the OSU, Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh)? If it is the OSU, all I have to say to that is "Go Bucs! Down with Big Boo!"

PS: Now that my mind has come back to me and I remember that you live in Hilliard, it has to be the OSU. Here's hoping that those faux pas against OU this past weekend won't be repeated, and they will coming roaring back as Big Ten champs again this year, and make it to the National Championship game again, and WIN THIS TIME!!!!

Karen,

Have a lovely cruise... and be sure to leave the Golden in good shape for us! We'll High-Five you as we head to EMbark as you DEbark! :D

You've got it. Since we are local, we will probably be amongst the last ones they let off (since I'm not carrying all of that luggage off on my own), so you might just be able to do that high five. And you have a good trip as well.

Dianne: Thanks, and I hope we meet some day as well. For which Bucs is it that you cheer (i.e. the OSU, Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh)? If it is the OSU, all I have to say to that is "Go Bucs! Down with Big Boo!"

PS: Now that my mind has come back to me and I remember that you live in Hilliard, it has to be the OSU. Here's hoping that those faux pas against OU this past weekend won't be repeated, and they will coming roaring back as Big Ten champs again this year, and make it to the National Championship game again, and WIN THIS TIME!!!!

Oh man! Having lived most of my life in Buckeye Land, I tend to forget that there are other ``Bucs'' or ``Bucks'' out there in the world. But I do remember you once said you were a Buckeye at one time in your life.

Yep, got to hope all that fluff the team was doing during the OU game is out of their system. DH & I were actually in NOLA last Nov. when they announced the teams playing in the National Championship. It was the day after our cruise and just about every OSU scarlet & gray Mardi-Gras bead set had disappeared from the stores on Bourbon street overnight.

Went into one store that still had a few scarlet & gray beads left and the clerk seemed to be amazed at the two-day run he had had on the beads. He said he really didn't expect the game to draw many fans from Ohio.

DH & I left the store with our beads in hand, knowing that that clerk just didn't understand football in Ohio at all.:D

Dianne

You've got it. Since we are local, we will probably be amongst the last ones they let off (since I'm not carrying all of that luggage off on my own), so you might just be able to do that high five. And you have a good trip as well.

I love being one of the last. . .so much easier to find your luggage.:D I will be looking for a review on the Alaska page. Bon Voyage!

Where are you planning on dinner sat night? maybe we can meet up:)

The day of packing is here .... yessssssssss!

Lee-Ann & Ken

Lee-Ann, hi:) I have no idea where we are having

dinner;) ......but you are more than welcome to join

us.

Dianne, did you and Gwynn have somewhere special

you wanted to go to for dinner?

Gotta scoot...Project Runway is on:)

Lee-Ann, hi:) I have no idea where we are having

dinner;) ......but you are more than welcome to join

us.

Dianne, did you and Gwynn have somewhere special

you wanted to go to for dinner?

Gotta scoot...Project Runway is on:)

Lois

We're open to ideas. Went to the Pike Brewing Company Pub last time and really enjoyed the food and micro brews.

Since we've got each others cell numbers, call us when you land. If there's no answer we're probably still in the air and we'll call you when we get in the terminal.

Gwynn

Oh man! Having lived most of my life in Buckeye Land, I tend to forget that there are other ``Bucs'' or ``Bucks'' out there in the world. But I do remember you once said you were a Buckeye at one time in your life.

Yep, got to hope all that fluff the team was doing during the OU game is out of their system. DH & I were actually in NOLA last Nov. when they announced the teams playing in the National Championship. It was the day after our cruise and just about every OSU scarlet & gray Mardi-Gras bead set had disappeared from the stores on Bourbon street overnight.

Went into one store that still had a few scarlet & gray beads left and the clerk seemed to be amazed at the two-day run he had had on the beads. He said he really didn't expect the game to draw many fans from Ohio.

DH & I left the store with our beads in hand, knowing that that clerk just didn't understand football in Ohio at all.:D

Dianne

Yep, born in Upper Arlington and lived there, Columbus or Worthington until I was 16, then moved to Cali because my dad got transferred.

Well our big adventure is about to start.... or started lol. We are sitting at Tampa international waiting for the 7am flight to atlanta and then off to seattle to arrive at noonish seattle time... slept little last night.. (the eyes are showing it lol) Poor hubby slept less. And of course had the two panic moments on the trip to the airport.. " did i get my glasses?" " do i have all the tickets?" lol yes i did whew..

i believe i will also do some running commentary.. on the ncl thread.

WAVEs to karen later today ... got the love free internet in airports lol

Lois, We had to no specific plans for dinner that night.. i will email you my cell phone #. Call us or something lol

Lee-Ann

Well our big adventure is about to start.... or started lol. We are sitting at Tampa international waiting for the 7am flight to atlanta and then off to seattle to arrive at noonish seattle time... slept little last night.. (the eyes are showing it lol) Poor hubby slept less. And of course had the two panic moments on the trip to the airport.. " did i get my glasses?" " do i have all the tickets?" lol yes i did whew..

i believe i will also do some running commentary.. on the ncl thread.

WAVEs to karen later today ... got the love free internet in airports lol

Lois, We had to no specific plans for dinner that night.. i will email you my cell phone #. Call us or something lol

Lee-Ann

Make sure that you let us know that you made it safely, what with all that nasty weather brewing in your part of the world. Clear and warm here for the next four days or so at least.

Did you see us? We were waving as you left port lol.. We were at steamer's on the waterfront. We watched the ncl Star leave at 4 and went to Steamer's to grab a bite. You had to back up quite a bit to go forward. Ken wondered if the ship had the back up beeper thingy lol.

So far the only problems we have had here in seattle is figuring out the bus system. Having never used public transportation except in las vegas where it goes back and forth on the strip. This is a little more confusing but we are starting to understand it.

We have done the needle, good--the duck tour---GREAT--- underground tour night version-- interesting-- argosy lake lock cruise--hubby loved it--

pike's market- where i was trying to think of what karen took for her picnic for sat morning lol.

Will see if i can post more while on the ship this week..

Enjoy karen and leave some things for us to see...

Lee-Ann & Ken

I apologize for being away from this thread for awhile. Thank you very much for your input Karen and Neecee23. You have convinced me to fly in the day before we cruise and not take a chance that something should go wrong. I would like to check out a place to stay by the airport since it will be cheaper. Is there a website that you can give me that will list all the Hotels around the airport as well as who offers free shuttle to the Hotel? Also any site that will list transportation from Hotel to the Ports or would a cab be cheaper. Meanwhile, I will try and do some research on the couple of Hotels and transportations that you all had listed.

Thanks,

John

I apologize for being away from this thread for awhile. Thank you very much for your input Karen and Neecee23. You have convinced me to fly in the day before we cruise and not take a chance that something should go wrong. I would like to check out a place to stay by the airport since it will be cheaper. Is there a website that you can give me that will list all the Hotels around the airport as well as who offers free shuttle to the Hotel? Also any site that will list transportation from Hotel to the Ports or would a cab be cheaper. Meanwhile, I will try and do some research on the couple of Hotels and transportations that you all had listed.

Thanks,

John

Your welcome, John. You could start at Tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?q=seattle%2C+wa&inDay=12&inMonth=06%2F2009&checkIn=6%2F12%2F2009&outDay=14&outMonth=06%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F14%2F2009&currency=USD&adults=3

This link will show you the Seattle hotels in order of ratings. Fiddle around with dates and # of travelers and in the box that says neighborhoods, choose Seatac.Travelers rate the different hotels, read the reviews of each hotel. Hope this helps your search. You can read through these posts to see if the hotels have shuttles or check the hotel website of ones you like. I even saw a shuttle for the Hampton Inn while we were waiting for our shuttle. Their website did not list a shuttle, go figure, cause I really like the HI, would have preferred staying there but a shuttle was important. As for transportation to the pier, it just depends on how much you want to spend to get there, and how much trouble you want to go to. From the hotels at the airport, it is easiest to take a taxi, hire a towncar or limo, or take the Seattle Express Shuttle (this shuttle hits most of the airport hotels $12pp)) http://www.seattleexpress.com/

Or you could take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the cruiseline transfer. We went the limo route as there was 5 in our group and was much more comfortable for us. Good luck in your search!:)

Denise

Archived