Pre-Departure thoughts

tbelian

Hello all,

Well, DW and I are brimming (sp?) with anticipation. In less than a blink (let's hope it goes by that fast) we will be heading for Vancouver, and excitedly boarding the Infinity to be Hawaii bound.

The bags are out, but they are not packed. I'm gonna pick up the dry cleaning tonight after work, and then head over to the store and pick up a couple new duds also. We'll also meet with the house sitter tonight to go over stuff. Let's hope the pooches adjust to their new 'friend' for the time we are gone. I know we will miss em'.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Infinity. We have not yet been on an 'M' class ship. Reservations made at the specialty resteraunt. Everything I've read said it's pretty good. I'm also looking forward to the shore excursions, and seeing the beautiful Hawaiian islands. Also gonna see Don Ho (he's probably past his prime, but hey, what's Hawaii without Tiny Bubbles?).

Flash cards are all unloaded and ready to take lots of pictures. Batteries are chargin up for the camcorder.

T minus 5 days, and waiting.

Regards

Enjoy!!!

I'm jealous...I'm still 289 days away from my next cruise...

You should love the Infinity...

We've cruised on two M-Class ships, the Millennium and the Summit...with a third, the Constellation, upcoming...They are absolutely my favorite ships...elegant and roomy...

Bon Voyage...

I really thought hard about posting and saying the cruise was canceled, but given the current state of things with the M-class ships, I couldn't. I hope you have a great time.

Enjoy Don Ho. I saw him in 2000. He's 74 now, but still does several shows a week. Don't expect too much. He does a few songs, Tiny Bubbles, Pearly Shells and I think one more. His son comes out and does a song as well as his daughter. By the way the kids are in their 20's. He tells a few stories and a few jokes. He loves The Sopranos, his favorite show. He takes the time for autographs and pictures with everyone who wants it. It was a great time. I was dragged there, but really enjoyed myself.

We are going to Hawaii next year on Infinity - can't wait. My DH was born in Kaiula Kona Hawaii and he went to see Don Ho when he was 21. Don asked if there were any singles in the audience and my DH and a woman, 33, raised their hands. Don paired them at a table and also took a picture of them. My DH still has that picture and when he took me to Hawaii, of course we had to see Don. I loved the show and after the show, during picture time, my DH brought out that old picture and Don signed it, talked about old times a little, and gave us a CD. He may be older but his love for Hawaii shows in each of his shows and also his love for his family. Unfortunately, when we go, we are in Honolulu on a day when he won't have a show. Enjoy him. When you get home tell us all about Infinity and if you get a chance, check out room #7171. Supposed to have a bigger balcony.

Where and when does Don Ho play. I loved Tiny Bubbles when I was a little girl. It would be great if he is still around when I get to Hawaii in Jan 2006.

Check it out at http://www.donho.com

He is at:

The Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel

My story about Don Ho...

College buddy and I were lounging around the dorm (instead of being in class) ... in the dead of winter ... in western Michigan (Coooold!)... on TV was 'The Don Ho' show.... made us both think about taking a trip to warmer climates. Couldn't afford Hawaii then, so like lots of other college kids, we headed to Florida.

It finally kicked in, as I slowly pull my things together. Pooch off to Country Kennels, so now I can reveal my luggage LOL.

No cooking, no cleaning, no phones.....sea air, delicious food, good company.

Tb, are you going to see Don Ho? We are doing 2 post cruise nights in Waikiki, maybe second night we will look into this. We have rented a car and plan to meander around Oahu.

Life is Good, looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Regards ~phyllis~

Tbelian, since I haven’t pretended to cruise to Hawaii in quite some time, I have no words of wisdom for you, just have a good time, someone else will have to police the board while you’re gone!

Phyllis-

We too are staying 2 nights post cruise, were at the Halekulani. We are seeing Don Ho on Thursday night. He only performs on certain days - I have heard he is getting up there in age and does not perform like he used to, but according to my Mom and dh a trip to Hawaii would not be complete without seeing him.

Lynda

Eight more days untill we sail on the Mercury can't wait. I have been to Hawaii numerous times, and one of the best shows in the Islands is the Society of Seven. If you get a chance check them out, they were at the Outrigger across fro the International Market Place the last time I was there. Have a great trip.

Archived