Victory or Valor?

just happens these are the only two we have been on. valor is slightly larger, but you can't really tell, although there are a couple extra's like

fish and chips, and specialty restuarant. we had great cruises in both.

you will not go wrong with either, and i would agree pick itinerary you prefer.

I haven't been on either yet, but I chose the Victory over the Valor because I think greens/blues are more pleasing to the eye than the orange interior of the Valor.

This is what seems funny. You haven't been on any of these cruises and you'd choose the Victory over the Valor because of the orange interior??? well, let me clarify this, there's nothing orange about the Valor, in fact it's one of the best fleet Carnival has. The Valor is blue, red and white, just like the colors of our flag. It's the most beautiful ship we've been to.

I would choose the Valor because it's newer and bigger. I'll attach some pics, so you all can tell me where's the ORANGE????

We are are deciding which crusie to take. Heard alot about the Valor, finding nothing on the Victory. Can anyone tell me anything about the Victory?

I have a section on my website about Victory with a photo tour, a menu, an article I did about Victory and Miracle based on interviews with their captains, a copy of Capers etc. http://www.beyondships.com/CARNIVALVICTORY.html

I also did a review of a Victory Canada cruise which is on Cruisecritic at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31337

Personally, I enjoyed Victory. Captain Casula is a very good officer.

Yurita, this review is copied & pasted right from this website. I also looked at pictures at the Carnival website and saw orange.

Carnival Valor Review

Quick Links

There's "Ship of Fools," ship of state, and ship of the desert. For us, Carnival Valor turned out to be "Ship of Surprises."

The theme of the ship's decor is "Heroes and Heroism," paying homage not just to Americans, but to heroes from the virtually every corner of the world. Nonetheless, Americana -- and America's heroes -- form the glue that unites the various rooms and public spaces. Passengers are first introduced to that theme as they board through Deck 3's atrium lobby.

One would think that America's colors, red, white and blue, would hand Carnival's interior designer Joe Farcus carte blanche to indulge in his favored bright, bold primary colors, splashing blindingly bright whites and eye-popping reds and blues throughout the ship. And there comes the first surprise. While you won't think you've strolled into the foyer of a Wall Street Bank when you board, this lobby is subdued for a Farcus design. Broad marble floors capitalize on an American flag motif, with alternating inlaid stripes of dark burnt orange (representing red) and pale gray (for white) abutting a navy blue rectangular field set with small pale gray squares (in lieu of stars). A small dance floor fronting the bar is fashioned from wavy stripes of inlaid burgundy and white-colored hardwood. And wood is used freely and copiously elsewhere in the ship, instead of brass for banisters and glass, mirrors and chrome for many wall surfaces.

To be sure, there is still plenty of Farcus bling in the details: All around the ship are gaudy molded gold leaf-gilded eagles on simulated pedestals; coffered ceilings of shiny, reflective materials; and enough blinking lights and flashing video screens to trigger a 1960's strobe light flashback.

To Carnival Game, Which do you think I like best? Been on both, scheduled to go on the Valor the 3rd time tomorrow, this time without the kids,Haven't been on the Victory in 5 years but have been on the Valor twice over.. Don't worry about the colors, they have just added a golfing section and a screen up on deck. It is a no brainer. I'll report back in a week with a review.

You haven't been on any of these cruises and you'd choose the Victory over the Valor because of the orange interior??? well, let me clarify this, there's nothing orange about the Valor... I'll attach some pics, so you all can tell me where's the ORANGE????

Carnival Game is correct... the whole Atrium is nothing but ORANGE themed.

I think you have yet to post photos of the Valar because you know you're wrong about your statements.

Here's a link to Carnival's virtual tour of the ship... including the Atrium:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Virtual_Tours_Valor.aspx

I've been on both Victory and Valor.....twice each.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. But I do prefer Valor because of the itinerary (if you're considering Western) and it's newer. Also, Valor has the fish & chips station and the supper club. I'm hearing it now has the big screen on Lido. I haven't been on a ship yet with the big screen, so I don't know if that's a plus or minus.

Have fun whichever you choose!!!

Having sailed both (just disembarked Valor yesterday), I wouldn't base my decision on the ship's decor. I loved Valor's Lincoln (midships) dining room), but I think Victory's comparable Atlantic dining room is probably my least favorite dining room. At the same time, I love Victory's general "seven seas" theme. I've enjoyed both ships, so I'd base my decision on itinerary.

I have cruise both- the valor is ugly, the Victory has a nice ocean theme, just watch out for the mermaids on the stairs!

Valor is a Conquest ship which is just like Victory, but more crowded.

The only thing that I missed on the Victory was the super club. I'd do the Victory unless you are comparing western itenaries- the four port route of the Valor is really nice.

Archived