Private time on Flowrider, Liberty of the Seas?

faithwins

Hello everyone

Sailing on the LOS in April and was reading a thread which mentioned that you could get semi-private time on the flowrider for $60 an hour OR if you paid for four people ($240) you could rent it out completley.

Can anyone verify this, and is it still being done or was it a "trial" thing? Also, what times was it availble to rent out, I assume it would have been during diner hours or on port days?

Finally, where do you go to reserve and does it fill up fast?

Sorry for all the questions, but thought it was a great idea, and we would love to do it.

Thanks you guys!

faithwins

We just got back from Liberty and did the semi-private Flowrider lesson. You book it at the flowrider desk. We did it on the first day. The times available seemed to be late afternoons and into the evening. We did it at 3:15 on the day we were sailing into Puerto Rico. We docked around 4, so it was a good time.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if other times filled fast up since we just happened to be there the first day and booked it. It was well worth it since we wanted to try it and would never have gotten as much time if we were standing in the long lines.

Also, We did take someone's advice and brought our bathing suits on day 1 and tried it then. The lines were not long on day 1.

Bring advil- you move into the pads pretty fast when you wipe out :eek:

We just got back from Liberty and did the semi-private Flowrider lesson. You book it at the flowrider desk. We did it on the first day. The times available seemed to be late afternoons and into the evening. We did it at 3:15 on the day we were sailing into Puerto Rico. We docked around 4, so it was a good time.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if other times filled fast up since we just happened to be there the first day and booked it. It was well worth it since we wanted to try it and would never have gotten as much time if we were standing in the long lines.

Also, We did take someone's advice and brought our bathing suits on day 1 and tried it then. The lines were not long on day 1.

Bring advil- you move into the pads pretty fast when you wipe out :eek:

How much was it and how many people were there? :D

It was $60 each. There were 8 people in the group. They alternated between between the boogie boards and the stand up boards. I got more than enough times to go in the hour. You went until you wiped out. Some of the boogie boarders switched to stand up near the end, so you could try both if you wanted.

It was $60 each. There were 8 people in the group. They alternated between between the boogie boards and the stand up boards. I got more than enough times to go in the hour. You went until you wiped out. Some of the boogie boarders switched to stand up near the end, so you could try both if you wanted.

thanks for the info. Can anyone confirm that if you pay for four people you can rent it exclusivley for the hour?

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if wearing a wet suit would be of any benefit. I would think that it would make the falls a bit less painful? Plus, take the chill off if the weather conditions are not hot.

jc

For me, it would keep all my parts in the bathing suit so that would be of benefit.

Archived