Logo gift because of fuel surcharge

Lynn427

If Celebrity is giving you some cheesy gift (that you may not want), they are NOT refunding your money. A refund is a refund. A refund allows you to decide how to spend YOUR money. A gift in lieu of a refund is not a refund.

That's what we received on Infinity's 2/15 sailing. It was quite handy actually.

I don't think we received a credit per se - we made final payment after the supplement was announced, but perhaps in recognition of having booked before the anouncement they provided this token.

That said, we did receive a huge credit on our credit card bill while we were away because the fare was sharply reduced just prior to sailing. I noticed it on X's web site and mentioned it to our TA, who investigated and secured it for us. So it's possible there was a credit to our bill, rather than an OBC, but that was posted in late January, and it was many times larger than the supplement.

Just another example of why it pays to check on your cruise fare all the way to the time you lock the door on your house and head for the airport or cruise terminal

Cabo

Do you want my blanket? Oh, wait...would that be re-gifting?

Response from Captains Club regarding refund on my fuel surcharge:

Thank you for your e-mail.

At this time, all we can advise is that we are currently working on setting up refunds and onboard credit. We can advise that the past cruise bookings will be among the last to be refunded. We do not anticipate that this will take longer than 30 days.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Constance Wood

Customer Service Representative

...counting the days....

sniff...sigh....whine...

we only got ONE blanket and still have not rec'd the refund.

Not worried, tho, as we didn't expect the blanket at all and I see the refund as a nicer gift. HAL hasn't offered to give anything!

sniff...sigh....whine...

we only got ONE blanket and still have not rec'd the refund.

Not worried, tho, as we didn't expect the blanket at all and I see the refund as a nicer gift. HAL hasn't offered to give anything!

They were on 2 cruises (btb) and that is why they received 2 blankets.

They were on 2 cruises (btb) and that is why they received 2 blankets.

OH, ok .thanks, no more whining. Haven't checked e-bay yet to see how many are out there. :*)

jasm8449: I hope everyone doesn't hold their breath for their refund. Celebrity confirmed Feb. 02 that we weren't required to pay this charge & that it was removed from our account. To date we have not seen it on our credit card. I asked our TA to look into this again. I guess I shouldn't be suprised since Celebrity doesn't seem to follow instructions very well since we told them on our XPRESS form that we wanted our credit card co. to convert the charges but guess what Celebrity converted them. I will be contacting their customer service about this & sending off a letter to the President as well as the chairman.

The item was a plaid blanket with plastic on one side. They had many unhappy sailors on this cruise. They gave us a cabin credit because someone screwed up on the tide and water depth at Kirabati and there were many disappointed cruisers who didn't get to shore. The ship handled it all wrong by making several announcements about when we would be able to go ashore then rescinding those announcements. It was still a great cruise-Sydney to Honolulu.

The item was a plaid blanket with plastic on one side. They had many unhappy sailors on this cruise. They gave us a cabin credit because someone screwed up on the tide and water depth at Kirabati and there were many disappointed cruisers who didn't get to shore. The ship handled it all wrong by making several announcements about when we would be able to go ashore then rescinding those announcements. It was still a great cruise-Sydney to Honolulu.

We were on this B2B, and in all fairness to Celebrity, they were very generous with an onboard credit, due to the mishap in Kirabati. Celebrity had never used this port, prior to our stop, and tendering in, proved to be difficult. It was extremely shallow, and they were worried about damage to the tenders. For safety purposes, subsequent tender times were cancelled. Unfortunately, many passengers chose to react strongly to this decision and really gave the staff a rough time. Safety has to come first. If there was an emergency onboard, and the tenders had been previously damaged, then what? We felt the decision was a wise one.

Prairiesailor....our our TA showed it as a credit on our invoice (we had already made final payment). We are still waiting to see it on our credit card statement also. However, please note that credit card companies can be notoriously slow with a charge reversal. I'm quite sure we'll eventually receive it, especially since Celebrity is now refunding ALL surcharges - Canadian or not - charged to passengers who had booked and paid a deposit prior to November 16th.

We just returned from a ten day cruise on Galaxy. We received the logo item (the plaid picnic blanket) on about the third day of our cruise. On the next to the last day, we received a letter in our stateroom advising us that we would receive a credit for the fuel surcharge in the form of an on board credit for this cruise. We were happy to find that the $100 we had paid was deducted from our on board charges at the end of the cruise.

In a press release dated March 11, 2008 we advised guests that we were retracting the fuel supplement and that guests would receive either an onboard credit or a refund of the fuel supplement depending on when they sail or if they have already sailed. We also withdrew the free "logo item" that was previously being offered.

We apologize for your disappointment.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

jasm8449: I hope everyone doesn't hold their breath for their refund. Celebrity confirmed Feb. 02 that we weren't required to pay this charge & that it was removed from our account. To date we have not seen it on our credit card. I asked our TA to look into this again. I guess I shouldn't be suprised since Celebrity doesn't seem to follow instructions very well since we told them on our XPRESS form that we wanted our credit card co. to convert the charges but guess what Celebrity converted them. I will be contacting their customer service about this & sending off a letter to the President as well as the chairman.

I phoned today and knowone has received the refund yet. I was told it woud take at least another month.

Archived