Logo gift because of fuel surcharge

Lynn427

Celebrity said that because they added the fuel surcharge, each stateroom would receive 'one logo item'. Anyone that has sailed after February 1st should have received one. What is it and when did you get it?

I posted the same question on the Royal Caribbean boards and they received a cook book. I was wondering if Celebrity is giving the same thing.

Someone posted a link to a Celebrity article that said everyone who had booked prior to November 16th and then still paid for their cruise in full would get a free logo'd item. Can't remember when it said that would start though.

We were on the Connie, 2-08. We also got the beach blanket, however I am not really sure it can be called that. On one side it is a felt like material, and on the other side it is a black vinal material.

It could also be a type of luggage blanket that you put on the bed under your suitcase.

Anyway, we did not have room for it and left it.

Guest Host Cheryl
Celebrity said that because they added the fuel surcharge, each stateroom would receive 'one logo item'. Anyone that has sailed after February 1st should have received one. What is it and when did you get it?

I posted the same question on the Royal Caribbean boards and they received a cook book. I was wondering if Celebrity is giving the same thing.

We sailed 2/4 on Century and received a nice fanny pack.... Tan with blue logo.

We were on the Connie, 2-08. We also got the beach blanket, however I am not really sure it can be called that. On one side it is a felt like material, and on the other side it is a black vinal material.

It could also be a type of luggage blanket that you put on the bed under your suitcase.

It's vinyl on the one side so it will keep any moisture off of you. So if you go to the music in the park and sit on damp grass you will stay dry.:D

Now this is exactly what I needed to find out. This will be the perfect blanket for my incontinent, 12 year old dog. We just refinished our floors, and the poor old boy is sick of wearing those pesky diapers. Anyone who wants to re-gift...send them my way...please!:D

Just curious - did you receive the items early, for use during cruise, or as a parting gift? A couple of the items mentioned might come in handy during the cruise.

Might have been the first night, but definitely by the second. At least that was my experience on a 5 nighter.

• 3 weeks later...

was the blanket (one side pleather and the other soft, plaid material. It folds/rolls up nicely.

Someone asked if we had to send it back since Royal Caribbean (and, thus, Celebrity) is refunding our fuel surcharges.

We were told we do not have to return it.

I kind of like it!

Who wants a "gift" that they don't really want? Why don't they just credit everyone's onboard account and let cruisers decide how they want to spend "their" money? Maybe I'd rather have a massage than a fanny pack!

Archived