Need advice on upgrade quickly - thanks!

dec2007w3boys

I booked a IS in January for a Thanksgiving week cruise. I paid 679 for 1 and 2 guest and 409 for the 3 and 4 guest. With the one day sail, I can lock in a Lido deck inside room for 749 adult - so total increase of $140. Should I do this? I would love to be by the pool - but a few people mentioned those rooms are too high and lots of ship movement. On our last cruise we were on Empress and loved it. Should I pay more and take the lido inside or keep my 140 and take my chances with the IS guarantee?

thanks!!!!

To me, your not in your room that much, so going from an inside to another inside for more money doesn't sound good to me. Just my opinion though! ;) Yes, there is more movement the higher you go, so if you have motion sickness, beware. The Empress deck is great, that is the deck I try to get each time I go.

Good luck!

Thanks!! The one thing I am weighing in that we have 4 sea days, so we will obviously be spending a lot of time pool - is it worth it to not have to trek up and down stairs - epsecially if we were to end up on the deck 1 or 2. You are right, we aren't in our room a lot, but with three boys, we seam to go back and forth a lot! decisions, decisions... :eek:

I booked a IS in January for a Thanksgiving week cruise. I paid 679 for 1 and 2 guest and 409 for the 3 and 4 guest. With the one day sail, I can lock in a Lido deck inside room for 749 adult - so total increase of $140. Should I do this? I would love to be by the pool - but a few people mentioned those rooms are too high and lots of ship movement. On our last cruise we were on Empress and loved it. Should I pay more and take the lido inside or keep my 140 and take my chances with the IS guarantee?

thanks!!!!

$140. to avoid a 2 minute elevator ride? Why? Same room, different deck.

Keep what you have, use the stairs, save money, keep weight gain away.

Dan

how close is the Elevator to your room.....?

to me it would also want to know where on the floor it was I like the middle of the ship for less movement....to me the floors dont really matter much....

Also another thing to think about is the savings if the money does not matter that much and if it is a better location why not!

If its just because it is higher up on the ship i would not do it....

how close is the Elevator to your room.....?

to me it would also want to know where on the floor it was I like the middle of the ship for less movement....to me the floors dont really matter much....

Also another thing to think about is the savings if the money does not matter that much and if it is a better location why not!

If its just because it is higher up on the ship i would not do it....

We could get a room just behind the stairs/elevators on the lido deck. With the IS room, I have no idea where I would be. Thanks!

With three kids I would probably upgrade. Can I ask how many of you will be in that room, because we are planning a cruise and our friends have two boys and would like to bring the babysitter. We are not sure if you have too have two rooms, or do they let 5 in a room?:confused: Thanks for the info.

If you're going to be the only parent, with 3 boys...make the move. I'm a single parent with only one child and it's hard work when you go on "vacation".

Treat yourself too:) If you don't, nobody else will:D I too, recently upgraded our next cruise to the Lido deck because it was $25pp.

Enjoy!

If you're going to be the only parent, with 3 boys...make the move. I'm a single parent with only one child and it's hard work when you go on "vacation".

Treat yourself too:) If you don't, nobody else will:D I too, recently upgraded our next cruise to the Lido deck because it was $25pp.

Enjoy!

Actually my dh and I will have one room with two of the boys. The other will be with my dad and stepmom. If we go to the lido - they will go up too. MY older two - age 11 and 9 at sailing would be able to easily go back to the room if they forgot something I guess??

With three kids I would probably upgrade. Can I ask how many of you will be in that room, because we are planning a cruise and our friends have two boys and would like to bring the babysitter. We are not sure if you have too have two rooms, or do they let 5 in a room?:confused: Thanks for the info.

These ships allow 4 in a room - so we have had one of my parents go with us. I know the Victory and Triumph allow 5 to a room as we almost went that route to just have the 5 of us.

To me, your not in your room that much,

This is a common statement you will hear, that frankly, does not make any sense at all. Book the cabin that you will be comfortable in, because you may be in your cabin more than you think... : )

Actually my dh and I will have one room with two of the boys. The other will be with my dad and stepmom. If we go to the lido - they will go up too. MY older two - age 11 and 9 at sailing would be able to easily go back to the room if they forgot something I guess??

Go for it. Everyone will love you for it:D

How do you know what the 1 day sale price will be before it happens?

There is another thread on her that talks about. But - easily enough go to carnival.com like you are booking a cabin. In the code section on the page where you put in the number of peopel and select airfare or not, enter P1S. You will then see the upgrades available for the sailing you have selected.

There is another thread on her that talks about. But - easily enough go to carnival.com like you are booking a cabin. In the code section on the page where you put in the number of peopel and select airfare or not, enter P1S. You will then see the upgrades available for the sailing you have selected.

Got it and I see the new price. Will the price I see today be the one for the 1 day sale? I guess I am confused as to why they call it a 1 day sale for the 28th if I can already book the price/upgrade today? THanks for the input.

Got it and I see the new price. Will the price I see today be the one for the 1 day sale? I guess I am confused as to why they call it a 1 day sale for the 28th if I can already book the price/upgrade today? THanks for the input.

They gotta milk it for everything its worth lol. They start it early and then the email will say "due to popular demand they are extending the sale". If it says one day only people are more likely to book or think they will be missing out.

Out of all of my cruises my favorite room location has been on the Lido deck. I would take a room there in a second!

I guess I could look at it another way - instead of costing $140 more then and IS per room - it saves $300 of a 4F room with the sale. :D I lucked into an awesome room with my last IS room (on the empress deck). I just don't know with a THanksgiving sailing where I will end up.

When I look at that sailing the insides are being upgraded to the Panorama deck, or an I missing something?

When I put in for 4 people, I can get one on the lido. When I put in for 3, I get the panarama deck. (Along with some lower ones). My pvp has my rooms held while she is checking on how to bring my booking within 60 days $50 off over to the new reservation. So, they are no longer showing up.

Archived