Anytime Dining - Diamond Princess

RS79

My wife and I are doing Alaska on Diamond Princess this May, and I noticed that there are four separate anytime dining rooms: Savoy, Pacific Moon, Sante Fe, and Vivaldi. Is there is a difference in the cuisine, or do they all serve the same menu? If they are different, any suggestions as to which are better? Thanks.

My wife and I are doing Alaska on Diamond Princess this May, and I noticed that there are four separate anytime dining rooms: Savoy, Pacific Moon, Sante Fe, and Vivaldi. Is there is a difference in the cuisine, or do they all serve the same menu? If they are different, any suggestions as to which are better? Thanks.

Slow server # 1

SLow server # 2

Same kitchen, same menu.

the menu in all 4 anytime restaurants are the same, but each one has its own dish. At Savoy is pork chops served with apple sauce, at Vivaldi but only after 8 pm they switch to anytime is Ossobuco A la Milanese, Pacific Moon - Rice noodles with shrimps and scallops, and at Santa Fe is Chicken or Beef Fajitas.

I love all of them but the Fajitas are the best!;) If you don't want to wait for a table b the door, make sure that you have reservation. They have an open tel.line for reservations. 3463 is the number.

Shushu is quite correct, however some of them also have a starter that is unique to that dining room as well, the Sante Fe for instance gives you guacamole and chips. Even though we had traditional dining in December when we were on her, we tried both the Sante Fe and the Pacific Moon and were very impressed; so much in so we are going to anytime dining in May.

I found the whole anytime dining experience to be a disappointment. My concept of anytime dining is to go at "anytime" but alas, on the dates of sail that I am usually on where there are higher occupancy, you can't get in unless you do some serious planning each day or day before on when you might be hungry enough to eat for dinner, and then to book the time.

There has been a lot said positive and negative about anytime dining and I'm not sure how the vote comes out. Having done it, I'm on the side of "don't like it" due to the planning that has to be done in order to eat each day. That is why I cruise, to do as little planning (outside of excursions, of course and through the help of these boards) as possible. Planning for dinner doesn't do it for me IMHO.

We ate in the Savoy and enjoyed the pork chops but Santa Fe was our favorite with the guacomole and fajitas. I think I read somewhere on here that you could request the signature dish from one dining room to be served in another?

i'm wondering the same thing. I have early seating traditional dining. Can I get chips and guac in the traditional dining room???

You can ask for the guacamole and chips in traditional sometmes they will accommodate if you request something a day or two in advance.

We will have our full on taste of "anytime dining" in May when we do a 6 day coastal. Maybe after that we will want to switch back to traditional. It is just that we like to have a drink or two before dinner and we just find that 5:45 for the first sitting is too early for us and the 8:00 or 8:15 is just too late for a 4 or 5 course dinner. "Anytime" allows us to relax, dress if its a formal night, have our cocktails and then enjoy dinner between 7 and 7:30 which about when we normally dine. We also like meeting new people each evening.

Archived