Dining? How long can you stay?

ms simba

What cruise line are you on? I've not heard of a line that has two seating times that close together. Are there two dining rooms on your ship? Normally, on ships that have assigned dining, the times for dinner are 6 for main seating and 8:30 for late. I see you're on Carnival. They have Total Choice dining, so maybe that's where the different times come in. There's no way you're going to be finished having dinner in the main dining room in 45 minutes. Normally, dinner takes more than 90 minutes, so I guess you will be dining in an area that starts at 5:45, and for those at 6:30 will be in a different area of the dining room. I haven't been on Carnival since they started that program, so what I'm saying is just a guess on my part.

I was a tad worried since this is the info I got from Carnival:

Dinner* Main seating- 5:45 or 6:15 P.M. Late seating- 8:00 or 8:30 P.M

Not having been on a cruise before, I just assumed that those times were for the same dining area. What a relief to know I don't have to gulp my food down. Thanks again.

What cruise line are you on? I've not heard of a line that has two seating times that close together. Are there two dining rooms on your ship? Normally, on ships that have assigned dining, the times for dinner are 6 for main seating and 8:30 for late. I see you're on Carnival. They have Total Choice dining, so maybe that's where the different times come in. There's no way you're going to be finished having dinner in the main dining room in 45 minutes. Normally, dinner takes more than 90 minutes, so I guess you will be dining in an area that starts at 5:45, and for those at 6:30 will be in a different area of the dining room. I haven't been on Carnival since they started that program, so what I'm saying is just a guess on my part.

Carnival does not have Total Choice dining. The dining room times listed are the early and last seatings in EACH of the two dining rooms.

You will have plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely dinner. The table you are assigned will be used twice in the evening. There is another dining room/level which will handle two other seatings.

Hope you enjoy your dinners...they're fun on a ship!

Karen, sorry, but according to Carnival's own website, they do call their dining Total Choice. Here's info directly from their site:

Sophisticated Dining

It's always a culinary event in our formal dining rooms. We’ve set the table for a first-class dining experience, including: fresh lobster on every cruise, an extensive wine list and attentive service. Click here for a deliciously interactive look at Carnival's Total Choice Dining.

Archived