Waterparks safe on Imagination?

TwoMateys

As a 1st time cruiser, I have no concept of the size and safety of the Carnival Imagination. I have read about the new waterpark and the height of it. I can see from photos that the pool area is surrounded by a wall of windows so I realize my exhuberant 8 year old could not fall over. But once they leave that confine and climb the stairs for the waterpark, is it "open" so if they are being silly they could fall over? Or, is there actually a deck below that they would (god forbid) fall onto not the ocean? Or are the stairs closed in?

Worried Mom

As a 1st time cruiser, I have no concept of the size and safety of the Carnival Imagination. I have read about the new waterpark and the height of it. I can see from photos that the pool area is surrounded by a wall of windows so I realize my exhuberant 8 year old could not fall over. But once they leave that confine and climb the stairs for the waterpark, is it "open" so if they are being silly they could fall over? Or, is there actually a deck below that they would (god forbid) fall onto not the ocean? Or are the stairs closed in?

Worried Mom

\

I looked at the picture as well. It seems that the slide itself may be covered. I wouldn't worry at all about your kid going overboard on the slide or in the area. It might be a bit easier to fall on the stairs climbing up if the ship was rocking heavily.

I think your 8 year old will be fine. Carnival will have staff controlling access to the slide and making sure kids aren't falling on top of one another. I am sure they will limit the make sure that only one kid is on the slide at all times.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks awesome!!! I know one kid that won't be in the Kid's club any time the slides are open!! :)

I may be naive, but I find it extremely hard to believe that Carnival wouldn't have taken every precaution to ensure that their recreational areas are as safe as possible. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, TwoMateys.:)

We just returned from the Imagination. The waterworks is on the Verandah deck, aft, you have to walk up some stairs to get to the top of waterslides, but there are attendants there, and it is in the middle of the deck, not right on the sides. It wouldn't be good to fall off, but you would land on deck, not overboard. My 6 y.o., loved it, and I wasn't concerned at all. It was monitored, and actually, while we were there - no lines, hardly any kids using it at all. Now my 3 y.o. was quite interested in trying to climb the railings on the deck to get a better look at the ocean....that I was concerned with - he is a monkey. The waterpark itself is in the middle of an area surrounded by tons of lounge chairs, seemed pretty safe to me - Not much fun on sea days, used it more on port days. Used the regular pool on sea days - and you are right, that area is entirely enclosed. Don't worry - just normal supervision and you will be fine.

I just sailed the Imagination three weeks ago, and the waterpark looked like great fun. The deck surrounding the landing/splash area is completely enclosed. No chance of your 8 year old going overboard. The steps to the top of the large slide are enclosed by railings, and there is an attendant there as well. The entrance to the double racing slides is actually up a deck from the landing area, but it too is enclosed by railings. It all seemed pretty safe to me.

2597207390100995251S600x600Q85.jpg

I did the Carnival Victory in 2004 and there was no way my son was going to use it while the ship was moving! I have a fear of heights that unfortuneatly hinders my kids from some activities.

While in port, which frankly most days you are in port, then I wouldn't worry at all.

Archived