Costa dressy or no

Denisern2

Sorry I was interested in your views of how dressy. The brochure is the same canned response as the other cruise lines. This cruise is my friends idea as she loves all things Itailian, I just wanted to know what to expect.

Costa is not as popular a line I am afraid so many of us have no experience to share.

from things I have read at CC-from the few who have cruised Costa and posted about it, they just did not have anything good to say. (at least Americans-I think Costa cators more to Europeans and their tastes) MSC, on the otherhand, another Italian style line, gets very good reviews from Americans.

How dressy is costa? I have no idea and they do not a have a large forum. I am going for a girl trip for someones b-day and have no clue what to expect. Thank you ladies

We are going on our first Costa cruise March 15th. I will let you know what I find out when I go! I agree that there is not as much posted about this line as there are on others. I can only compare it to Carnival and RCCL as these are the lines I have been on, but will let you know.

We've been on two Costa Cruises, one out of Venice (Classica), and the other out of Genoa (Fortuna). The Italians were very stylish, but not very formal, The Brits, Americans, Scots, and French dressed up more. You will be appropriate in everything from 'real' formal wear to clothes you'd wear to go out to a nice restaurant.

We like the international atmosphere aboard Costa. English, on our cruises, was the 5th of 5 languages for all general announcements. In order, they were Italian, French, German, Spanish, and then English. Many Americans are so accustomed to being first in everything that it throws them to be in a minority.

Have a great time!

We took our first Costa cruise this winter in the Caribbean. I think the European and Caribbean cruises are different in "dress code" as we experience a more casual flavor.

No shorts etc in dining room, cover-ups at the buffet - all the same from other cruise lines. People did dress up for the formal nights - we skip the by choice. I wore nice summer pants and skirts with a sweater set and some jewelry and DP wore khaki pants and button-down shirts with deck shoes for dinner.

Some people were more dressed up and some less. The daily paper, TODAY, gives the dress code for each night and most were listed as casual with a theme - Tropical, red, white and green etc.

Hope this helps.

Denisern2, please, please, please come back here after your cruise and tell us what you experienced. Hubby wants to take the Costa Fortuna cruise to Bermuda from Fort Lauderdale next year. It is only once a year and sells out fast. I'd really like to hear what you thought of Costa and what you learned about how passengers dress.

But so is Holland America. Corporate ownership doesn't translate to the varied "dressiness" of the individual lines;)

I agree. Carnival Corporation also owns Cunard-which many seem to forget. Carnival is not such a terrible line either. It is a good value- I just don't expect a Celebrity experience if I am on Carnival. as long as I get what I pay for I do not complain-when I get less then what I pay- for I do.

To the OP, I would also like to hear about Costa, we considered booking the cruise for Bermuda this April-but we were afraid we would dislike the line too much.

We really want to go back to Bermuda without flying to NY or Boston. So please let us know a few things about the line.

But so is Holland America. Corporate ownership doesn't translate to the varied "dressiness" of the individual lines;)

So true. Carnival owns HAL, Princess and Cunard. All are more formal than Carnival and offer a more traditional experience.

Archived