In Cabin Internet service on CP?

susanne316

Due to work my dh has to bring his laptop and check on his work e-mails on a daily basis. He called Princess yesterday and they assured him we will have the means to connect from our cabin. However, some people have told me they don't have it available in the cabins. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Not that I expect to ever be upgraded to OS, but, with the internet in them, do they provide the laptop. Someone said that you can not use your own laptop to access their internet. So if you have "been there-done it" Please share. Curiosity killed the cat.

On a recent cruise (we had our own laptop), we were upgraded to a pent house suite. In addition to this, we are platinum cruisers. For both reasons we were allowed free internet with THEIR computers in the internet cafe. I asked to use my own laptop and was told that we could not use it in the cabin but we could use it in the atrium or near the pool BUT we would be charged the .35 per minute for use -- even though we had free internet in the cafe. When asked repeatedly "how come?" no one had any answers. But that's the way it is. You would think that Princess would be happy that you are using your own computer rather than tieing up one of theirs which could potentially be making money for them (there were times when there was a waiting line for one of the 25 terminals in their cafe) but who has answers?? -- certainly not Princess.... :D Maybe one day they'll get their act together. NCL lets you use your own in the atrium or cafe. All of this was three weeks ago.

Bob

Archived