All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We are going on the Sept 12 sailing. Here is the itin. Do you know what nights are formal and if Lobster was served in the dining room on any of the nights? We are trying to decide which nights to book Chops and Portofinos.

Thanks for your help!

12-Sep Miami, Florida 4:30 PM

13-Sep Cruising

14-Sep Cruising

15-Sep Philipsburg, St. Maarten 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

16-Sep San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM 2:00 PM Docked

17-Sep Labadee, Haiti 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

18-Sep Cruising

19-Sep Miami, Florida 7:00 AM

We're planning on doing the Everglades tour. I'm curious also if anyone's done this or knows more about it.

Deedee

We did the everglades tour out of Fort Lauderdale. We didn't book it through the cruise line we just scheduled it with the concierge at the hotel desk and he had a van waiting for us a few hours later that day. It was nice because the van picked up another group of people from another hotel and it turned out they were going on the same cruise as us. Everytime we saw them on the cruise ship they would say Hi and call us the "honeymooners".

The tour was very nice. We got to see lots of things very close. Sometimes a little closer than I would have liked, but I didn't feel unsafe at any point in time.

Here is a picture taken while on the air boat.

CIMG2356.jpg

I read the latest Liberty review elsewhere on the site and the reviewer mentioned attending the "Finish the Lyrics game show" in the Karaoke Lounge one evening.

I have no clue what that is but it sure sounds like a fun thing to do.

Has anyone here done this before and can you fill me in on just what it is and how it works?

Is it something exclusive to Liberty? I don't recalling hearing about it on our other cruises.

Thanks.

Hi all,

The recent reviews have all mentioned getting in line early to get ice show tickets. My question is... do you have to have a ticket to attend the ice show? Seems like I read somewhere that they usually still have seats available even if you don't have a ticket... is this right? or just a chance I take? I know they do ice shows more than once during a cruise - is it the same show all week?

Thanks!

I read the latest Liberty review elsewhere on the site and the reviewer mentioned attending the "Finish the Lyrics game show" in the Karaoke Lounge one evening.

I have no clue what that is but it sure sounds like a fun thing to do.

Has anyone here done this before and can you fill me in on just what it is and how it works?

Is it something exclusive to Liberty? I don't recalling hearing about it on our other cruises.

Thanks.

As Nikki stated, yes it definitely is like Don't Forget The Lyrics. And no it's not exclusive to Liberty....we played it on Explorer (and WON! :D ) last October. It is a BLAST! DH and I love that show anyway, so to be able to play it was awesome. :)

Hi all,

The recent reviews have all mentioned getting in line early to get ice show tickets. My question is... do you have to have a ticket to attend the ice show? Seems like I read somewhere that they usually still have seats available even if you don't have a ticket... is this right? or just a chance I take? I know they do ice shows more than once during a cruise - is it the same show all week?

Thanks!

Yes you do need tickets to get into the ice show. Your compass will state the day, time & place to pick up these tickets. There are enough for everyone to see the show at some point during the week. It is a chance you take if you DON'T have one, that there may not be any seats left for a performance you want to see. So once you know when you want to go, go directly to the place at the proper time and get the tickets. And yes, on a 7-day cruise it's the same show all week. :)

Hi everyone,

thought I would say a quick hello and that I booked a cruise on Liberty yesterday :D I still have quite a wait though, we dont sail until 2010 but its never too early to start planning!

Quick question about the ice shows - once you have a ticket is it a free for all as to where you are seated or does your ticket correspond to a specific seat number?

Hi everyone,

thought I would say a quick hello and that I booked a cruise on Liberty yesterday :D I still have quite a wait though, we dont sail until 2010 but its never too early to start planning!

Quick question about the ice shows - once you have a ticket is it a free for all as to where you are seated or does your ticket correspond to a specific seat number?

WOW, I think your ticker has the longest count down I've seen yet!!! I'd drive myself insane if I had to wait that long, 3 months was enough for me to become certifiable, lol. :D Well worth the wait though, I'm sure!

WOW, I think your ticker has the longest count down I've seen yet!!! I'd drive myself insane if I had to wait that long, 3 months was enough for me to become certifiable, lol. :D Well worth the wait though, I'm sure!

Tell me about it! the biggest draw back of living where I do is that we only get to vacation once a year, but I count myself lucky too, some people never get the chance to do even that. Its a heck of a long wait, but we have a 14 night Indepencance cruise booked while we wait for our Liberty trip so it's not too bad :)

I am over the moon with the Liberty itinerary, its one of the best I have seen on 7 night cruises - Belize/Costa Maya/Cozumel/Grand Cayman and a couple of relaxing sea days - Bliss!!! I thought we would be stuck with the usual St Martin/St Thomas so it was great to see something different offered (not that Iv got anything against those Islands I enjoyed them very much but variety is the spice of life!)

Yes you do need tickets to get into the ice show. Your compass will state the day, time & place to pick up these tickets. There are enough for everyone to see the show at some point during the week. It is a chance you take if you DON'T have one, that there may not be any seats left for a performance you want to see. So once you know when you want to go, go directly to the place at the proper time and get the tickets. And yes, on a 7-day cruise it's the same show all week. :)

Ok.. another question - can one person get in line and get all the tickets for her family? or does everyone in the party need to be in line?

Thanks for your help!

Ok.. another question - can one person get in line and get all the tickets for her family? or does everyone in the party need to be in line?

Thanks for your help!

One person was able to pick up the tickets for their group on our cruise in April.

Hey all this thread has truly died. Anyone got any picks or last minute suggestions. My family and I leave next week for our June 14 LOS cruise. Sandye

Have a great time and take plenty of your own pics;)

Wow - this thread went mute:)

That's sooo funny...I was just thinking about this thread today, and now here it's resurrected! :D

Have a great time and take plenty of your own pics;)

DEFINTELY...that way we all can drool over them when you get back! :)

One person can be the ticket getter for the family for the ice show. Or your consierge can get this for you too.

Then when the ice show is scheduled, the doors open 30-45 min before the show starts, I'd get there when the doors open to get a good seat. You don't have to sit in a certain section according to the ticket, its not like a concert. Its more like a "general admission" and you sit where you can.

Its cold in there, so take your jacket.

And they say no saving of seats, but if your DH has to go to the bathroom, yes you can save his seat. ;)

We had such a great time on the Mariner last month we booked the Liberty and will be sailing in October for Halloween. I cannot wait, I'm like a kid again:D!!! I'm sure they have a Halloween party, has anyone sailed during Halloween before?

We had such a great time on the Mariner last month we booked the Liberty and will be sailing in October for Halloween. I cannot wait, I'm like a kid again:D!!! I'm sure they have a Halloween party, has anyone sailed during Halloween before?

Sailed on Explorer this past Halloween, and they made a huge deal out of it. There was a big Monster Mash dance party, and a Halloween Parade down the Promenade. :)

Sailed on Explorer this past Halloween, and they made a huge deal out of it. There was a big Monster Mash dance party, and a Halloween Parade down the Promenade. :)

Sounds like it will be a blast....now if the next 144 days will go by fast!!!!!

We are booked on LOS for the Aug. 30th cruise. I've been checking this site frequently and have read a lot of interesting information regarding the experiences others had on LOS and about the ship itself. This will be our 3rd cruise (2nd on RCCL) and I can't wait!!!!!

We are booked on LOS for the Aug. 30th cruise. I've been checking this site frequently and have read a lot of interesting information regarding the experiences others had on LOS and about the ship itself. This will be our 3rd cruise (2nd on RCCL) and I can't wait!!!!!

like the prev. poster said, there are lots of good reviews for the ship and sailings. some from my sailing. i just got back from the eastern caribbean route on 5/24. it was great! The captain is charles t. and the CD is alan brooks. the entire cruise director's staff was awesome. in fact, everyone on the ship was awesome. we learned on this cruise, that royal caribbean composed liberty's staff by taking from other ship's staff. they must have done this to get the best of the best. this was our 6th cruise and it was wonderful!