Can 5 people really stay in an cat. 4A on the Ecstasy?

yoemen1988

The website says a maximum of 5 people can stay in a cat. 4A on the Ecstasy. I just don't see how that would work. We are planning a 5 day cruise in Jan for myself, DH, DS (7), DS (10) and DD (18). It sure comes out a lot cheaper, but I just don't see where we'd put everybody.

The website says a maximum of 5 people can stay in a cat. 4A on the Ecstasy. I just don't see how that would work. We are planning a 5 day cruise in Jan for myself, DH, DS (7), DS (10) and DD (18). It sure comes out a lot cheaper, but I just don't see where we'd put everybody.

It would be REALLY tight. Especially with older kids. It would be one thing if they where little. I'd vote for two cabins.

They bring in a "fun" bed :eek: every night at turn down. Think cot with feet pointing to the door. It's 'interesting' to say the least. Bonding time? Oh yeah, you'll bond:rolleyes: . Can it be done? Yes, we did it once and had a blast!!! Really fun 'talks' and stuff. Would I recommend it? Probably not. Kinda like camping -not my thing either- a real once in a lifetime.

My sister and I hae done it several times with three of our kids. There are two regular beds, two pullman beds that pull down from the wall and they bring in a rollaway which is really just on the floor. Great for the younger one. we have never had a problem. The kids were 11, 15 and 17 when were first started. We still do it today and the younger one is now 14. We were never in the room other than to sleep or shower. I don't have a problem with it at all.

We did it on the Elation (same class of ship). It was tight, but very doable. We had my wife and I, an 18, 14 and 9 yr old. It took some organization, but we thought it worked out very well and are planning the same for the Fantasy in November. (The roll-away bed had very poor support and the mattress sagged, so we just took the mattress off the frame and put it on the floor. In the morning, we folded the mattress over so it didn't take up room, and in the evening our room steward would unfold it and prepare it.) I would recommend it for people on a tight budget like we are.

For the inside categories, it would be two twins that push together to form a king bed, two upper bunks, and one roll away type bed.

Or for oceanview, it would be two twins that push together to form a king bed, one twin sofa bed, one upper bunk, and one roll away type bed.

The rooms themselves are like 185 sq ft., so it would be quite cozy.

The one bathroom would be a deal breaker for me! :eek:

My BIL and SIL and their 3 kids did the Ecstacy in a 4A and it worked ok. Each night the steward brought in a short legged canvas cot and the smallest child slept on it. Crowded but it was an adventure and everyone had a great time. Who spends much time in the room anyway.

For the inside categories, it would be two twins that push together to form a king bed, two upper bunks, and one roll away type bed.

Or for oceanview, it would be two twins that push together to form a king bed, one twin sofa bed, one upper bunk, and one roll away type bed.

The rooms themselves are like 185 sq ft., so it would be quite cozy.

The one bathroom would be a deal breaker for me! :eek:

No sofa beds on the Ecstasy, except suites.

A 4A cabin on the Ecstacy is 185 square feet. Approx. 10 x 18.5 feet. Take out a minimum of 8 feet on the door end for bath and clost. That leaves you a 10 x 10.5 area to put 5 people in...The twin beds are 3 feet wide by 6 feet long. That's 36 sq.. ft. Also there is a desk/dressing table. Another 6 sq. ft. The cabin livable area is about 110 sf. Then take out the floor space for the beds and desk (42 sq. ft.) and that leaves you about.....68 sq. ft. to move around in. If you have a OK size walk in closet at home....that is about the amount of space you will have to move around in. Or if you have a 6 x 9 rug in the house get everyone one it and do everything you need to do without getting off it......

Get two cabins with adjoining doors......;)

Go and have a good time i am going on the inspiration in may i am traveling with myself and 3 daughters, 22,18,18, in one room i am an early riser and the three girls should have no problem getting ready, in the evening before dinner one showering and one getting dressed and the last one waiting on the bed resting there should be no problem and of course i will be in the bar wainting as always have a great time

From Lucy'sMom

Here's the scoop: They only allow 4 in a cabin on the: Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Legend, Liberty, Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Spelendor, Valor.

They allow 5 in a room...4 beds, 1 roll a way: Triumph, Victory, Destiny, Celebration, Escasty, Elation, Fantasy, Fasination, Holiday, Imigination, Inspiration, Sensation.

I wouldn't recommend 5 in a inside cabin, get 2 adjoining cabins instead.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...
I think if you take a look at this short video (see link below) you will see how five people can fit in a standard cabin ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psa9BZ3qgzg

we were thinking about doing the 5 in a room thing also. Kids are 17, 13 and 9. Not a problem. I will glady be crowded in the room if it means we can cruise. Things are tight (financially). It would be an honor to wait OUTSIDE the room while the others get ready! LOL

You might want to run up to the spa and shower and get out of the way to dress for formal night and bring one of the kids with you.

Those showers are awesome. I read about using them here and sent DH and boys up to get showered and dressed - we (me and DS toddler) were going to dress in the cabin and meet them in the bar...they went on and on about the spa showers. The next night I left the cabin to the boys and tried the spa showers for myself...be the one to offer to make the 'sacrifice' and go to the spa leaving others the 'convience' of the room. ;) Well worth it.:D

Archived