Change names on existing booking

ldparker

Hi all,

I have two existing bookings, one for myself and another for friends. The friends have to cancel, but other friends want to go. Can I keep that same booking, and just passenger names? Deposits are down but final payment not due till mid-March.

Thanks, David

You'll have to call Celebrity to find out, but there will probably be a change fee charged to each person and they will most likely have to pay for the cruise plus any price increase, if there's been one since you first booked.

We had to do this for our upcoming cruise..I'd do it ASAP! we called about a month before our cruise leaves ( now only in 2 weeks:)!!) we called on a saturday and asked "what if.." and they said it would have to be done soon..we found out for sure the person could not come with us on the following tuesday and got them to change it..they "conveniently" printed our tickets that saturday after we called..so we got charged..but they did change the name.. Seeing as you have not made a final payment- they might not charge a fee or at least not $75 they charged us..

Changing both/all people in the cabin is the problem. They do this to prevent people from "re-selling" (brokering) cabins that are in highly desirable location or where the price has increased.

Call and ask for an exception. The worst they can say is no.

Double name changes are not allowed.

To keep the original fare, only one name change is allowed.

So, the folks who cannot go, will simply cancel. The new folks, will just be a new booking at prevailing rates.

Double name changes are not allowed.

To keep the original fare, only one name change is allowed.

So, the folks who cannot go, will simply cancel. The new folks, will just be a new booking at prevailing rates.

I have heard of people who have changed one name, and then a week later changed the other name and kept the same pricing. Seems that if you do the second name change too quickly it raises a flag, but after awhile maybe not. I have NEVER done this, and make no promises...

I did this last year. When I originally booked my cruise for January 2008, I booked a second room for some friends, though it was completely unclear whether they would go. I was told at that time that I could change the names up until final payment time. When final payment time rolled around, they could not go, but others could. I called; the agent changed one name, saved it, and then changed the other. He said he could not change both at one time. It worked fine (at least before final payment).

Thank you all for the advice.

I think I will try the name change thing, one at a time , and see if it works. If I call, I'm sure they will tell be to cancel the old booking and re-book at the higher rate (+$300).

David

try bringing up your reservation and using the add a passenger option. You can add up to 2 additional persons in your cabin, then a few days later drop person 1, then on another day drop person 2. This worked for me 4 years ago, don't know if it still will, good luck.

Archived