Cruise around the British Isles

NKG6002

I am seriously condiering the cruise Celebrity offers around the British Isles. They offer it only one ime this year and am awaiting to see what is scheduled for next year. Has anyone been on this cruise ? I would apprciate any comments. Thanks in advance !

We are thinking of a British Isles cruise for June or July of 2009 (we'll be taking our 2 kids and need to go during summer break). Princess has just announced its Summer 2009 itinerary, and the Crown Princess will be doing the British Isles in June and July. Do you think there's any chance Celebrity will have a ship doing a British Isles cruise then? We'd love to have another option.

--Junglejane

Thanks. I checked it out but think we prefer the Princess itinerary, because we're not that interested in the stops in Norway. But I'm still curious as to whether Celebrity will do the British Isles in June/July 2009. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

--Junglejane

I'm doing the Princess one in August with my mom. Looking forward to it. Sounds great, quite port intensive however.

Princess seems pretty stingy with the sea days when it comes to its European itineraries. That was one reason we picked the Summit (3 sea days) over the Emerald Princess (1 sea day) for our Mediterranean cruise. I know the ports are the most important consideration on these cruises, but I need some sea days to relax and rest up. :)

--Junglejane

We are also waiting patiently for the Celeb offerings for 09 to British Isles... choices in 08 have been Constellation from Eng & Century from Amsterdam--we would prefer leaving from Amsterdam but prefer Constellation--guess we'll have to wait & see. how big is the Crown Princess..? My info is that the Royal Tatoo is in Auguest..is that correct?

The summer 2009 itineraries aren't open for booking yet but you can read about them here: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na935

If that doesn't work, go to www.princess.com and click on "News" (at the bottom). Then click on the link for Princess 2009 European Itineraries. The Crown Princess carries 3070 pax and is 113,000 tons. We like both Princess and Celebrity. From our perspective, each has some advantages. We think the M-class ships are a very nice size and design. We hope Celebrity offers something in the British Isles for the summer of 2009, so we have a choice.:)

--Junglejane

I was thinking about doing this cruise in 2009 with my older son. He will be 21 and has finally expressed interest in traveling with his mother! This will be our first trip together since he was 15. So am excited.

What I am worried about is the motion. Is this a rough journey. I don't get seasick in the queasy way but have an inner ear thing that makes me tired when it is rough and takes me a long time to recover.

Hmm this will be tough to plan for...--would love to see the Tatoo but that is Aug & probably mean the Princess-- that ship is too big for me... only big one I;d try now is Solstice class,,guess we'll see what opens up on Celebrity but will look over the rest--thanks for the links & other info-- if we keep this thread going it will be a good planning resource for those who pick celebrity,,

Hmm this will be tough to plan for...--would love to see the Tatoo but that is Aug & probably mean the Princess-- that ship is too big for me... only big one I;d try now is Solstice class,,guess we'll see what opens up on Celebrity but will look over the rest--thanks for the links & other info-- if we keep this thread going it will be a good planning resource for those who pick celebrity,,

check with Azamara and see what they might offer. I know this year they have a cruise leaving Copenhagen on Jul 31 with a stop in Edinburgh. I am almost certain that they have an excurison that includes the tattoo.

Desertbelle, we did this cruise in June '06, except it was 12 nights and also included Amsterdam. It was a fabulous cruise. We spent a long weekend in London beforehand. Our touring included an all-day tour of Leeds Castle, Canterbury and Dover booked on the internet with Evan Evans. It cost 1/2 what the cruiseline charged.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see the Norwegian fjords--totally stunning!! The Jewel is my favorite ship.

Everything about the cruise was every bit as wonderful as any of our X cruises and the food was a bit better.

We cruise only RC and X, with 4 cruises on each and another booked for next Jan. on Galaxy.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy PC 6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords

1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib.

Thanks Katie, I am so excited....I just know it's going to be a great cruise. I've had my eye on this itinerary for years. We also plan on spending a couple of days pre-cruise and 1 day post-cruise in London. Our first time. :)

Archived