Sand Toys

clonegirl

I plan on taking a few sand toys for my toddler when we go. I found a cool collapsible sand bucket online that will fit nicely in our suitcase. It was only $5. We'll probably buy her a few other things in port; but I wanted to make sure we have something for her to play with just in case.

Should I try and pack them for my toddlers or will I be able to buy some on the beach fairly cheaply?

Where are you cruising from and to?

If you are leaving from Miami or FLL, you can pick up a couple cheapie things before boarding the ship and just leave them behind when the cruise ends. ( I presume you are talking shovel and pail type things?) I wouldn't cart them from home and back again. You will find them at most ports and usually on the ship too. The cost will be higher than if you can pick them up from your port of departure. You can't count on finding them AT the beaches. Just pack a waterproof bag to carry them from ship to beach each time you need them, so you keep them separate from your personal beongings. As much as you think you've rinsed them, that darn sand finds its way into your room and bags easy enough.

Have a great cruise!

I'm cruising out of San Juan and stopping at Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

There are TONS of stores to buy things in Aruba. However, the prices will be a bit higher. Can't remember seeing novelty/beach stores at the pier in San Juan. But I didn't really look. If you are there the night before, you'll find stuff I'm sure as Old Town has lots of souvenier/novelty stores.

Archived