Perry Grant

Freeascanbe

juice--we were on the Connie in January and went to Perry's show as many times as we could. On one of his last shows on the cruise he said that a DVD was in progress and soon would be released. Do you know anything about this? Would you know of any way we could order one?

Carolyn

Hi Cape Codder !

I will be sailing on Constellation next Friday. I will be sure to ask Perry about the DVD. If I hear anything, I will post it on this thread.

What time are Perry Grant's shows usually? We are scheduled for the late seating on the Connie, but if his shows start at 7:45, we will miss him. I'm hoping the start times vary day to day to give everyone a chance to see him. Oh, and does he play every night? It sounds like he needs to with the huge fan base he has. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!

We've sailed on Constellation a number of times, but this was the first time we went to check him out because of all the fuss on this board. I found him somewhat creepy and campy, and I felt somewhat inexplicably uncomfortable, and yet strangely entertained all at the same time! Hard to describe.

DH, my brother, sister in-law and I "discovered" Perry's show when we were on the Constellation 2/05, when we were passing by Michael's after dinner. I don't think we laughed so hard - ever! And we loved his piano playing.

Marilyn Dupre and Joyce were there too, and added to the show!They were a hoot! :) We tried to get into Michael's every night after - for the rest of the cruise.

DH and I are sailing again on the Connie this coming week and we can not wait to go see Perry!

But since my brother and sister in-law can not join us on this trip ...they seemed bummed out that we get to see Perry and they don't!

So please count 4 more of us as die hard fans. We LOVE Perry! :p And Marilyn and Joyce too!! :D

We were on the 10 day Constellation cruise in Feb. Saw Perry Grant several times and just loved him! .. Nothing like him!

Take your positions everyone.:p

Positions.jpg

PositionsGuests.jpg

Marilyn Dupre and Joyce were there too, and added to the show!They were a hoot! :) We tried to get into Michael's every night after - for the rest of the cruise.

DH and I are sailing again on the Connie this coming week and we can not wait to go see Perry!

We LOVE Perry! :p And Marilyn and Joyce too!! :D

Marilyn: A real Class Act! We were in stitches all night

MarilynDupre.jpg

Thank you, thank you, C 2 C, for posting the great pictures! Somehow we came off the ship without one of him. I went in the last night to take his picture and at that moment, my camera battery died.

If anyone finds out about the DVD, please put it on this thread. We just have to have one.

What time are Perry Grant's shows usually? We are scheduled for the late seating on the Connie' date=' but if his shows start at 7:45, we will miss him. ![/color']

We showed up at 7:00 to grab a good seat and were surprised that Perry showed up at 7:15 on two nights. We left at 8:30 for dinner but would skip dessert to beat the arrival of the first seating theatre crowd.

Perry involves the crowd in his ballads:

TimeforaBallad.jpg

BalladWigs.jpg

We saw Perry Grant on our 5 Nov Connie cruise. He is truly a unique entertainer. We took this picture of a fellow cruise critic member collecting a prize for the music quiz in true Perry Grant style!!!

Our team got the same treatment when I accepted his CD: :D

PerryTriviaWinner.jpg

• 4 months later...

Someone posted on an upcoming Constellation cruise board that Perry's contract was about up, and wondered if he re-signed with Celebrity and Constellation. Has anyone any info. on that? We have two upcoming Constellation cruises and would love to see him again. Just wondering,

"Stephen's wife"

Someone posted on an upcoming Constellation cruise board that Perry's contract was about up, and wondered if he re-signed with Celebrity and Constellation. Has anyone any info. on that? We have two upcoming Constellation cruises and would love to see him again. Just wondering,

"Stephen's wife"

We just booked a B2B on Constellation starting with the TA in September and were assured by two people in direct contact with Perry that he would be on board. :D

We just booked a B2B on Constellation starting with the TA in September and were assured by two people in direct contact with Perry that he would be on board. :D

C2C - unfortunately our Constellation cruises are not that close in time as yours. :( See our dates below.......... Sure wish Perry had a website, so we would know "what he's up to!"

Wishing you a wonderful Norwegian Fjords cruise in just 3 days :)

Kathie

PG was in Michaels on our Connie cruise a few yrs ago-- it was entertaining but once was enough for the cruise..esp since the room gets so crowded with fans!

If he is still there by our next trip we'll try it again but for us having the same entertainers in the same venues each night is boring....guess we will stick with the Cova area & the aft bar area & hope for a great guitar player out there!

PG was in Michaels on our Connie cruise a few yrs ago-- it was entertaining but once was enough for the cruise..esp since the room gets so crowded with fans!

Nobody goes there any more, it’s too crowded

(Yogi Berra)

With over 2000 passengers on board, there is room for only 72 to be seated in Michael's Club. Fortunately there are enough people who like other things better. We go there for the dancing as well as for being part of the entertainment that continues to pack the place every night.

If he is still there by our next trip we'll try it again but for us having the same entertainers in the same venues each night is boring....guess we will stick with the Cova area & the aft bar area & hope for a great guitar player out there!

Don't bother, hcat - just go to the Cova or find your guitar player. There are plenty of people onboard who would like your seat to watch Perry Grant. We never saw him without it being standing room only. As I told you on another board, there is plenty of entertainment on the ship to satisfy all tastes. No one forces you to see or hear anyone you don't want to see & hear. :rolleyes:

Archived