Perry Grant

Freeascanbe

We did a b2b starting November 21st and we saw Perry every night except 2. He is an amazing entertainer, good singer and piano player and quite a comedian! I even had the pleasure of an elevator ride with him, I was trying to collect my $6.40...hahaha~Nancie and Jim

We saw Perry Grant on our 5 Nov Connie cruise. He is truly a unique entertainer. We took this picture of a fellow cruise critic member collecting a prize for the music quiz in true Perry Grant style!!!

So, his 'style' is to shove his own face in front of the guests'?

We were on the Connie in Feb 06 and only discovered Perry towards the end of that cruise. We made up for that error by attending every show he had on our Dec 22 2008 Holiday cruise. Quite frankly, IMHO, he made the cruise:) The rest of the entertainment was not nearly as entertaining. It felt dull, flat and canned by comparison. The key to Perry is his rapport with his audience.

While most of the crowd were Boomers or older, several young people also became regulars, including my children, who found him to be hilarious.

Here's a toast to Joyce, Mr Einstein, Mr Haggis, the Regents Parks and all the others who made this a special part of a great Holiday cruise.

Any news who is entertaining in Michaels Club on the Solstice? We sail on her Feb 22. In my experience, the only happening Michaels Club in the fleet is on the Connie. Alas, there is only one Perry.

Any news who is entertaining in Michaels Club on the Solstice? We sail on her Feb 22. In my experience, the only happening Michaels Club in the fleet is on the Connie. Alas, there is only one Perry.

We called =X= to try to ascertain who's entertaining on the 2/22 cruise - no one knew, or knew of anyone who knew :D.

Please join our roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=576834&page=14

We did a b2b starting November 21st and we saw Perry every night except 2. He is an amazing entertainer, good singer and piano player and quite a comedian! I even had the pleasure of an elevator ride with him, I was trying to collect my $6.40...hahaha~Nancie and Jim

Hi JnCruisebums !

$ 6.40 ? Must be the weak economy. I believe we were offered 8 dollars and change back in March :)

We called =X= to try to ascertain who's entertaining on the 2/22 cruise - no one knew, or knew of anyone who knew :D.

Please join our roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=576834&page=14

Hi BurgerBits !

I will try and find out for you tomorrow. It might take a few days. Unfortunately, I believe Perry will be on Vacation then.

I'm also trying to find out if Perry will be onboard for our 3/27 sailing. Captain's Club says Perry will be onboard 3/27. This doesnt make sense to me, as this means Perry wont be on vacation for very long.

Several Family members are big Perry Grant fans. Just seeing the smiles on my Parents faces when Perry performs, makes it all worth while for me. I know they will be disappointed if Perry is on vacation. We are hoping for good news.

Hey Andy,

A little off subject here..but mom, my brother Jay, his girlfriend Angela and myself will all be on this sailing 3/27 on the Constellation. Definitely look forward to meeting you on board.

Mom and I both enjoy Perry Grant and hope he is back.

Walter

Hi BurgerBits !

I will try and find out for you tomorrow. It might take a few days. Unfortunately, I believe Perry will be on Vacation then.

Hello, Andy, and thank you - but I was calling =X= about a different entertainer. We are fans of the Scottish singer Brenda Cochrane, and were wondering if she would be appearing on our Solstice sailing.

If, in your quest, you can discover if she will or won't, that would be very helpful!! Thanks again!

I was on the connie in November and Perry reported he will be on vacation for a couple of weeks in March 2009. So, he should be on your cruise.

I was on the connie in November and Perry reported he will be on vacation for a couple of weeks in March 2009. So, he should be on your cruise.

Thank you - but I was asking Andy if he could request info about a different entertainer, not Perry. It's good to know that he will be aboard Solstice on 2/22 - apparently he enjoys a large fan base.

We were on the Connie in Feb 06 and only discovered Perry towards the end of that cruise. We made up for that error by attending every show he had on our Dec 22 2008 Holiday cruise. Quite frankly, IMHO, he made the cruise:) The rest of the entertainment was not nearly as entertaining. It felt dull, flat and canned by comparison. The key to Perry is his rapport with his audience.

While most of the crowd were Boomers or older, several young people also became regulars, including my children, who found him to be hilarious.

Here's a toast to Joyce, Mr Einstein, Mr Haggis, the Regents Parks and all the others who made this a special part of a great Holiday cruise.

We were on the same sailing and discover Perry towards the end of the cruise. But he will be on our TA in April and we will make sure would not miss his show. He is just great!

So - is there a way to know what entertainers will be onboard on a certain cruise?

Although Perry was on my past Constellation cruise, our group much preferred Carl William Quartet in the Rendevous Lounge. Fabulous singer / fabulous songs (oldies such as Bobby Darin, Temptations, Patsy Cline). I think the attraction to Perry is far more his 'schtick' rather than his voice. If you are interested in a quality voice, catch Carl William sometime. I hope he will be back on the Constellation in August!

Hello, Andy, and thank you - but I was calling =X= about a different entertainer. We are fans of the Scottish singer Brenda Cochrane, and were wondering if she would be appearing on our Solstice sailing.

If, in your quest, you can discover if she will or won't, that would be very helpful!! Thanks again!

Hi Burger Bits !

My contact emailed me today, and advised me that Ms Cochrane was not scheduled for your sailing. I wish had better news.

So - is there a way to know what entertainers will be onboard on a certain cruise?

Although Perry was on my past Constellation cruise, our group much preferred Carl William Quartet in the Rendevous Lounge. Fabulous singer / fabulous songs (oldies such as Bobby Darin, Temptations, Patsy Cline). I think the attraction to Perry is far more his 'schtick' rather than his voice. If you are interested in a quality voice, catch Carl William sometime. I hope he will be back on the Constellation in August!

We were on the Christmas/New Year cruise, as well, and loved the Carl William Quartet! We danced in the Rendez Vous lounge each night to his music. He has a great voice and a very nice presence on the stage, very welcoming to his audience. He asked everyone what they wanted to dance to the very first night and made a point of performing the music that everyone wanted to hear. We liked his music so much that we bought a CD and have enjoyed it in the car and at home, when we want to catch a bit fo that old cruise feeling again!

Windy56 -

I also bought his CD & LOVE it! You notice his voice quality more when you hear it without the conversation & noises associated with the lounge. Usually I only like a couple of songs on any CD but the sound, selection & production has me listening frequently! And he was very personable on my cruise in Nov as well, visiting with the different audience members & even giving dancing a go. I think it is unfortunate that non-dancers don't spend the time listening to this group.

I'm fairly sure Perry is on Constellation until March (?) in Michaels Club & the Carl William Quartet is in the Rendezvous Lounge until mid Feb 2009. After that, I don't know. You should definitely check them both out.

• 2 months later...

We just retured from an Oceania cruise to Asia and we heard a rumor that Perry is leaving the Constellation soon and for good. Can anyone verify this and if so is he going to another ship? He actually deserves a larger venue considering the crowds he draws and the bar bills he racks up in Michael's Pub. We loved him on the Constelation a few years ago and would ioke to know if and where he has moved onto.

Thanks;)

Archived