Maho Beach Planes- Recent Visitors?

xxjulzxx

Hello All!

We have heard some rumors lately about Maho Beach being closed because of the close and dangerous airplane landings. :confused:

Has anyone been recently and can verify it is in fact still open?! We are trying to plan our trip in St. Martin and are hoping this is definitely a rumor!! :eek:

Thanks!

From the SunSet Beach Bar live cam, the beach is open RIGHT NOW:

th_ssbb01mar08.jpg

(click)

Interested in where/when you heard those rumors.

gary

Thanks, Jilltoons!

Gary - Thank you for this website! I had heard it from some folks at my work. They said a plane clipped the fence a while back and it was closed now. So glad to hear he didn't know what he was talking about!! We have a big group who want to go here and enjoy the beach & planes!

We want to be back to the ship by 4:00. If we go to Maho, I understand the big planes only come in in the afternoon. How much time do we need to allow to get back to the ship by taxi?

I wanted to ask that same question. Some people suggest it could take up to 2 hours to get back to the ship, but then we'd have to leave Maho Beach at 2pm :eek:.

I wanted to ask that same question. Some people suggest it could take up to 2 hours to get back to the ship, but then we'd have to leave Maho Beach at 2pm :eek:.

If the drawbridge is up at Simpson Bay, you might be delayed as much as :30 - :45 min. Otherwise, it is probably a :20 minute cab from Phillipsburg. I have seen schedules printed but generally the bridge up around rush hour well after you need to return to the ship.

Maho is not the quality beach of others in St. Maarten. It is fun to watch the big jets land and take off but I don't think you need more than a couple hours there to get the jist.

We were just there this past Saturday, March 8th and the beach was open. We were actually there in the morning probably somewhere between 10 and 11 and we actually saw 4 planes land. I guess it depends on what's going on, they have a board there with all of the arrivals and their times.

We were just there this past Saturday, March 8th and the beach was open. We were actually there in the morning probably somewhere between 10 and 11 and we actually saw 4 planes land. I guess it depends on what's going on, they have a board there with all of the arrivals and their times.

Awesome! Thank you for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

Found information for finding the flight schedule for Maho that everyone might be interested in. It was on another thread. Lists flights by airline and time of arrival. For those who don't want to be in afternoon rush - there were 4 big flights between 9 and 12.

On boards - under ports of call - go to St. Thomas. Scroll down till you find "what to do in St. Thomas/St. Martin". Work through the postings where till you come up with postings on Maho. It has great instructions and posting pictures - much better than I could post here. Basically you go to (www. and .com before/after) Flytecomm. When the blue screens come up go to second box where is says "Advanced section" and put TNCM in the box.

Found information for finding the flight schedule for Maho that everyone might be interested in. It was on another thread. Lists flights by airline and time of arrival. For those who don't want to be in afternoon rush - there were 4 big flights between 9 and 12.

On boards - under ports of call - go to St. Thomas. Scroll down till you find "what to do in St. Thomas/St. Martin". Work through the postings where till you come up with postings on Maho. It has great instructions and posting pictures - much better than I could post here. Basically you go to (www. and .com before/after) Flytecomm. When the blue screens come up go to second box where is says "Advanced section" and put TNCM in the box.

Thanks for the info.

Archived