Kids and Hottubs OK on RCCL?

My daughter (6) used the hot tubs in the H2O area of the Liberty. She went in and I stood next to it. She had to be supervised. No problem.

I saw a lot of kids with a supervising adult in the hot tubs.

Enjoy!

We have sailed on the Explorer, Navigator, and Adventure, they have hot tubs in the solarium are for adult use only. In addition, there were two covered hot tubs that have signs that you must be over the age of ? (maybe 16, can't remember exactly). There were two additional hot tubs that looked like they were used all ages. The pool attendants were enforcing the hot tub age rules, but I was amazed at the parents who wanted to debate with them. There were also rules about children with diapers.

Most ships we have been on have adult only (which is nice) and one for "all others". I hope they can join us in them on the Jewel next year...

As long as you are in there with them,no problem(talking about the non adult ones)........nothing worse than when parents let their kids have a field day in the hot tub and no one is watching....

I used to know people in Ft Salonga LONG ago(1980s).........nice area.......

As long as you are in there with them,no problem(talking about the non adult ones)........nothing worse than when parents let their kids have a field day in the hot tub and no one is watching....

Yes- we are together. We have never cruise RCCL and it looks like the children's pool area (on JOS) is separate from the other pool area... I grew up with people who lived here in the 80's. What was their name?

Our 3yo had a great time in the hot tubs on Enchantment last week. There were kids in the hot tubs a lot and I did see a few unsupervised ones. We tried really hard to steer her to ones with other kids rather than just adults. We also watched her like a hawk in there and she was pretty well behaved, so I hope we didn't irritate any adults who were trying to relax. I have to say that everyone was really sweet to her.

One thing I noticed was that they were not very hot, which was great for her. I wasn't concerned with her overdoing it in there at all. It was like bath water. However, adults might have been irritated that it wasn't very hot.

Just curious- is the main pool an adults only pool?

No, the solarium pool (I believe you said you are going on Jewel of the Seas) is adults only (16 and up) while the main pool is for everyone. The Jewel also has a little kids pool and water slide which my kids liked (who were 7 and 9 when we went on her a couple of years ago).

I grew up with people who lived here in the 80's. What was their name?

They were the daughter and son inlaw of my neighbor in Mineola..........I forget their last name,but it was Danny and Michelle and their kids ,Nicholas and Briana(who are now in their 20s)...........

No, the solarium pool (I believe you said you are going on Jewel of the Seas) is adults only (16 and up) while the main pool is for everyone. The Jewel also has a little kids pool and water slide which my kids liked (who were 7 and 9 when we went on her a couple of years ago).

That will be the ages of mine next year when we cruise :)

They will be 7 and 9.

As moderator of whatsthebest-hottub.com, we talk about kids and hot tubs a lot. Aside from common sense issues that you probably can figure out, and will probably be mentioned here, temperature and time are the two biggest issues. I haven't found an RCI tub above 101 yet. The biggest danger in this area comes from kids to young to vocalize that they are over heating.

A neighbor of mine took their family cruising on another cruise line in the 90's and rather someone was supposed to be watching or not their youngest was using the hot tub as a pool as kids do and she drowned...had to be airlifted back to canaveral and now their formally normal child has brain problems. What happened is she was swimming around underwater and the drain thingy that circulates the water sucked her hair in and she could not get loose. They had to cut her hair to get her out and she had to be revived no less than 2 times. Please, please, please make the children "swim" in the pool, hottubs are for sitting in and relaxing. I for one will make your child get out if it is evident that no one is supervising them.

As moderator of whatsthebest-hottub.com, we talk about kids and hot tubs a lot. Aside from common sense issues that you probably can figure out, and will probably be mentioned here, temperature and time are the two biggest issues. I haven't found an RCI tub above 101 yet. The biggest danger in this area comes from kids to young to vocalize that they are over heating.

Please see my previous post that is not the biggest problem especially for girls or boys who don't have very close haircuts.

Kids are allowed in the hot tubs but they are suppose to be attended by an adult. That means in the hot tub with them not near by watching. Our last cruise on the mariner there were unattended kids in the pool using snorkeling gear. It is not a pool it is a hot tub.

So I guess the answer is, if you follow the rules, your children can be in the hot tub if you are in with them. Not many rules seem to be followed or enforced on the Mariner though.

Kids are allowed in the hot tubs but they are suppose to be attended by an adult. That means in the hot tub with them not near by watching. Our last cruise on the mariner there were unattended kids in the pool using snorkeling gear. It is not a pool it is a hot tub.

So I guess the answer is, if you follow the rules, your children can be in the hot tub if you are in with them. Not many rules seem to be followed or enforced on the Mariner though.

You are exactly right, I got in trouble because I wasn't in the hot tub, just a couple of feet out of the hot tub.

I realize that kids like the hot tubs but is there anytime of day when the hot tubs are adults only? On my first and only cruise several years ago, adults couldn't relax and enjoy the hot tubs because of all the kids jumping in and out, etc. I know that on some of the larger ships there are adult only pools and hot tubs. But I'll be on the Sovereign and I don't think we have that option. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but I'm taking an adult vacation and want to be able to relax with a drink and quiet conversation...or NO conversation...in the hot tub.

Ok start flaming. I know you want to!!:(

Please see my previous post that is not the biggest problem especially for girls or boys who don't have very close haircuts.

You really know this person, while its happened once or twice in individually own tubs, I've never heard of it happening in a commercials tub. Most of the time people saw it once on TV. Nobody's head should go under water in a hot tub, or in a dryer when its running. I stand by my opinion the biggest in terms of numbers of child injuries in hot tubs IS overheating.

I realize that kids like the hot tubs but is there anytime of day when the hot tubs are adults only? On my first and only cruise several years ago, adults couldn't relax and enjoy the hot tubs because of all the kids jumping in and out, etc. I know that on some of the larger ships there are adult only pools and hot tubs. But I'll be on the Sovereign and I don't think we have that option. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but I'm taking an adult vacation and want to be able to relax with a drink and quiet conversation...or NO conversation...in the hot tub.

Ok start flaming. I know you want to!!:(

No flames needed. I beleive there needs to be hot tubs availabale for both. On our cruise 2 weeks ago- the "multigenerational" hot tubs were filled with kids- then adults plopped in- meanwhile the adults only tubs were empty only a few feet away. Go figure....

Archived