Golden Princess Review - Feb 23rd (Mexican Riviera)

jasmith52

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We are going in April, I enjoyed reading your comments.

We've been on the Grand and Caribbean Princess ships and are always curious about the differences.

Does the Golden have the MUTS?

No, The Golden does not have MUTS.

Mike:)

Anyone know how long the shows are in the Princess Theatre? And how early do we need to get there to get good seats?

Most shows are about 45 minutes long. And you have to get there really early, at least for the shows intended for early seating diners, like 20-30 minutes (or more, for the production shows). Ridiculous.

clocks are on the telephone and you can have the phone ring you for a wake up call

be at show 15 mins. ahead in Princess T or Vista lounge to get a seat

Mex. food was in the buffet lunch on one of the days and also set up outside Horizon by pool one of the days. Other days that area had sushi and the other side had dessert buffet.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We are going in April, I enjoyed reading your comments.

We've been on the Grand and Caribbean Princess ships and are always curious about the differences.

Does the Golden have the MUTS?

Hi balanceok:We are sailing on the Golden April 26th,how about you

Bilco07

Just like to ask a question regarding the disembarkation times.

We have a flight scheduled to leave at 2:20. Obviously, we'll have plenty of time before our flight.

We'd like to use one of the shuttle services to get back to LAX instead of the Princess transfers. What time do you think we would be scheduled to leave the ship based on our flight time?

I don't want to schedule a shuttle either too early or too late?

Your advice please.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, we're going on the 4-12 sailing.

From our experience 3 weeks ago, I wouildn't bother scheduling a shuttle for disembarkation. There is a coordinator from Supershuttle right out on the curb and they will have transportation for you within 5 min or so. That way you don't have to worry about what time you actually get off the ship. There will be plenty of transportation available.

Mike:)

We'd like to use one of the shuttle services to get back to LAX instead of the Princess transfers. What time do you think we would be scheduled to leave the ship based on our flight time?
Mike is correct. You don't have to pre-schedule a shuttle. The dispatchers will be there and if there isn't a shuttle there right at the moment or it's filled and won't have room for you, there'll be another within minutes. They are very familiar with cruise disembarkation and plan on having a lot of vans available to transport passengers. Besides, if you disembark later, they'll be transporting the embarking passengers to the pier, then swinging around and picking up disembarking passengers.

Hi balanceok:We are sailing on the Golden April 26th,how about you

Bilco07

Yes, we are on the same cruise as you. It will be my wife and I, our daugther and son-in-law and granddaugther.

Looking forward to it.

:D

Pretty much agree with the above review. We had a great cruise, embarkation and disembarkation very easy.

It was mostly warm for this trip until the last day when the ship picks up some serious speed on the way back to LA and it gets pretty windy.

I was impressed by the comedians and magicians but get there early to get a seat.

Our room was on the Dolphin deck, mini suite with a balcony. Balcony not private! Not that it was that bad it turns out, but if you are planning sunbathing Au Natural it probaly ain't happening.

Food was really hit and miss, Mostly hits but when they miss its out of the ballpark. The Horizon was fair to good, lots of fruit which was nice, hot foods basically like your average vegas buffet.

Dinner in the Dining room was usually good, we had a great waiter (John). I was surprised by the large portions. On other cruises we sometimes ordered 2 entrees, not so much this time. The other surprise was the speed with which they got us through dinner. We had early seating with another couple we were traveling with. We would often be done by 7pm.

Also, the slots on the ship were pretty wimpy, almost a joke. And somehow the craps table never really heated up. I tried several times and just nothing.

Well, thats about it for now. I am going to post a full review soon. I will say that a week on this cruise was worth years of therapy.

Archived