Bags Program?

We're just of a Mariner B2B. Flew USAir out of MCO to return home. $20.00 per person. They delivered the airline luggage tags as well as the ship embarkation tags for the luggage AND our boarding passes for all legs of the trip to our cabin on Saturday night. We left the luggage outside our door on Saturday, and DID NOT have to claim it in the cruise terminal...it went straight to the airport for us, and got off the plane with us when we got home.

It's a great service, and I think it's well worth the cost. They also had everyone using the service gather in the Lotus Lounge at 7 AM on Sunday for disembarkation. I would say there were about 250 people or so. At 7:15, they lead us off the ship. At 7:30, we were thru the terminal, thru customs, and on the shuttle to MCO.

Yes, it does work from port of Miami to FLL airport. We did just that at the end of our Panama Canal cruise aboard Brilliance. It really was a fantastic option. As said on many of these posts it depends on the airline you are using but if you qualify it is definitely worth the value.

Later during your cruise, the program is explained in the daily compass and in a flyer left in your cabin. You receive a very short form with the flyer to fill out and take to Guest Relations. They will print out your airline boarding passes and deliver them to your cabin. The $20 is charged to your on board account. It is very simple.

Rick and Deirdra

I have read that you have to disembark at 7:00 if you use this plan. Our flight does not leave out of Orlando until three and our scheduled time to disembark is around ten. Why do you have to leave so early if you use this plan? Any ideas?

hi,

does anyone know how this program works for first class. normally bags are tagged at check in at the airport with a colored sticker so that they get removed from the plane first. would the cruiseline tag the bags the same way so that the airport knows.? if anyone has done this and flown first class, let me know. thanks

We will be docking in Cape Liberty, does anyone know if this service is available for a British Airways flight from Newark?

It's only available if your flight is completely within the US, so no it would not work with British Airways. Also, this service is not available at Cape Liberty.

Hello to all,

Got really excited when I came across this thread as we have a mid-afternoon flight out of San Juan to Newark after our Serenade cruise in October. Then my excitement was crushed when I saw it was only available within the U.S. We have a onward flight to Manchester in the U.K.

Well we will now look at other options such as a tour or leaving the luggage at one of the suggested restaurants.

Iain

We cruised out of Miami but fly into and out of Fll. We used the service (Delta), we just had to have a flight leaving after 1pm.

Hey fpcruiser ...

do you know if this would be an option on our upcoming enchantment cruise ?? we are flying southwest

Hey fpcruiser ...

do you know if this would be an option on our upcoming enchantment cruise ?? we are flying southwest

Southwest does not participate in the Onboard Luggage Valet Service. BUT, they do offer pierside check in at Port Everglades and Port of Miami. The cost is $15 per person I believe.

Southwest does not participate in the Onboard Luggage Valet Service. BUT, they do offer pierside check in at Port Everglades and Port of Miami. The cost is $15 per person I believe.

yeah but unfortunately from what i read they do not offer this service on thursday .. which with our 5 day is when we come back :(

I have read that you have to disembark at 7:00 if you use this plan. Our flight does not leave out of Orlando until three and our scheduled time to disembark is around ten. Why do you have to leave so early if you use this plan? Any ideas?

We were going to use the service on Mariner (Port Canaveral) until they told us that we HAD to disembark in a group at 7:15, citing some kind of Homeland Insecurity requirement (we even asked 3 times, including having the LA check for us, because the requirement makes no sense, as far as I can tell). Since our flight didn't leave until 1:30, we decided just to check in curbside, which cost us $2 per bag plus tip.

At about 7:45 we heard 3 passengers paged to disembark immediately (not report to Guest Services, but please get off NOW). We assume that they were using the program and were holding something up. But since you don't have to travel WITH your luggage to the airport, I honestly can't see why that rule exists.

Hello to all,

Got really excited when I came across this thread as we have a mid-afternoon flight out of San Juan to Newark after our Serenade cruise in October. Then my excitement was crushed when I saw it was only available within the U.S. We have a onward flight to Manchester in the U.K.

Well we will now look at other options such as a tour or leaving the luggage at one of the suggested restaurants.

Iain

San Juan is in the US, it's just not one of the ports where the service is offered.:)

The earliest time you flight can be varies by port, but I recall that it was noon for our Mariner cruise.

San Juan is in the US, it's just not one of the ports where the service is offered.:)

The earliest time you flight can be varies by port, but I recall that it was noon for our Mariner cruise.

Jean, it is available in San Juan. The reason that person couldn't use it was it is not available for international flights.

I've read about this before, and it does sound appealing, but I think there's a problem that some folks may not consider. If I'm missing a point, please let me know...

Now that you can't "carry on" any liquids in bottles larger than 3 ounces, how do you handle all your morning needs? You need to put your checked luggage out the night before, and you can't carry on liquids, so that means you have to do the next morning without shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, saline solution, lotion or suntan lotion... this seems to be a bit of a "hole" in the service.

Without the service, you can hold out all those liquids, and then safely stash them in the luggage the next morning after you claim it at the terminal. But if you don't see it again, you'll have to throw away all your liquids before boarding the plane.

Theron

Theron, that's why I like how it's done in Ft. Lauderdale and San Juan. There you have to retrieve your bags in the morning and drag them past customs. That way you can just slip that stuff into the bags in the morning.

For the other ports though, you either have to throw the stuff away or bring small amounts (which I do anyways). I can't see the point in wasting luggage weight on full size bottles of anything.

For the other ports though, you either have to throw the stuff away or bring small amounts (which I do anyways). I can't see the point in wasting luggage weight on full size bottles of anything.

Well that is another good point... especially now with the weight limits!

Theron

Okay, wrp96 you mentioned that AirTran participates out of MIA, but we are on Mariner coming into PC and flying MCO...does AirTran in MCO participate in this service (sorry if I am being redundant)

Also, we are renting a car...can we use this service if we are not on the RCCL shuttle?

This might be a non-issue because we are disembarking on May 25th and that evening NASA has a scheduled shuttle launch, so we might change our plans to stay an extra night to catch the launch, but I would appreciate the info anyway :)

Okay, wrp96 you mentioned that AirTran participates out of MIA, but we are on Mariner coming into PC and flying MCO...does AirTran in MCO participate in this service (sorry if I am being redundant)

Sorry, I don't know if Air Tran participates at Port Canaveral.

Also, we are renting a car...can we use this service if we are not on the RCCL shuttle?
You do not have to have transfers through RCCL to use this service. You are fine with a rental car, taxi, walking, etc...

Archived