Are cabin doors steel?

anjoliza

I have been reading that it is a good idea to decorate your cabin door so that your room is easy to spot. People have suggested magnets. I just wanted to make sure that the doors are steel and the magnets will adhere to them.

We couldn't use magnets on the doors on the Ecstasy. We used tape and the peel and stick pictures from the dollar store.

I used the peel and stick (removeable type made for walls) decoration last year on Disney Magic. When taking them off, paint came off:eek: the door.

I felt so bad but they said not to worry about it.

Magnets are the best to use. But, as some have posted, they can not be used on all cabin doors.:(

I like to make the small magnet signs for my group cruises. So if anyone knows FOR SURE about Imagination and Freedom please let me know.

yes!

and they don't like you to use tape on the adjoining walls, we saw many decorations taken down that had been using tape!

we put up stockings on christmas cruise and people swiped them!

Beverly

Beverly - this happend to me too. I was traveling with my son and someone stole his stocking. It had his name on it and everything. Just weird. The decoration was supposed to be fun and holiday filled, not for someone to play a prank. I was not happy. I should have known better. But this wont stop me from decorating again next time.

The steel in the doors on Conquest are of such low grade steel (or poor quality?) that Magnets will stick but ever so poorly. I had an 8 x 10 poster on a magnetic sheet that I made for my door. I had to check it constantly because it would easily slide down.

I was traveling with my son and someone stole his stocking.

:mad: This is why we always personalize the decorations...but you had his name on it- :mad:

The steel in the doors on Conquest are of such low grade steel (or poor quality?) that Magnets will stick but ever so poorly. I had an 8 x 10 poster on a magnetic sheet that I made for my door. I had to check it constantly because it would easily slide down.

So maybe a smaller one (less weight) would stay put?

Beverly - this happend to me too. I was traveling with my son and someone stole his stocking. It had his name on it and everything. Just weird. The decoration was supposed to be fun and holiday filled' date=' not for someone to play a prank. I was not happy. I should have known better. But this wont stop me from decorating again next time.[/quote']

Unfortunately there are Mean people out there -

If they can afford to cruise there is NO EXCUSE to pinch a kids decorations and stocking.

As I said Before

MONGRELS

I have been reading that it is a good idea to decorate your cabin door so that your room is easy to spot. People have suggested magnets. I just wanted to make sure that the doors are steel and the magnets will adhere to them.

Do they do that in big hotels too:confused:

Archived