Yet another dining room question

I've read this hear on the boards somewhere but can't find it now.

Will be sailing on the Mariner in June and was wondering where it is you go after you board to check your dining table # out thats on you sea pass card.

We booked last June 2007 for this 2008 cruise and requested a table for four, I know that doesn't always happen so I want to double check as soon as I can after we board.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Do we just walk in and look for our table # or will there be someone there and ask us what we want.

Thanks again,

Marcy

you can walk in and check out your table and if it's not what you want then you can talk to the maitre'd

How difficult is it to change tables (or table sizes)? We are going just hubby and I for an anniv cruise. We requested the smaller table and were really hoping to be put with another couple or 2 vs family with kids (please don't flame me-we love kids but since we are celebrating just us would prefer not to dine with kids if possible)

I've read this hear on the boards somewhere but can't find it now.

Will be sailing on the Mariner in June and was wondering where it is you go after you board to check your dining table # out thats on you sea pass card.

We booked last June 2007 for this 2008 cruise and requested a table for four, I know that doesn't always happen so I want to double check as soon as I can after we board.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Hi,

it seems that you already have many answers but I will add mine just in case that it might be helpful.

On the Mariner the dinning room is on 3 decks : the 3rd, 4th and 5th, each location has a name of the restaurant and you normally will use the enterance on the deck that your table is on.

When you do board the ship and you get your location of the table, you may go to restaurant and start looking for your table, make sure that you are looking at the proper deck ....... there maybe no one (from the dining room staff) at the restaurant , so look for the numbers on the tables.

When you do find your table and do want to make a request for a change, go to deck 4 and wait in line ( there will be one for sure) that has formed in front of the door to the restaurant. There will be two or three people there ( the head waiters) assisting 'you' with possible change of tables .

First they will just take your name and your request and they will promise to get back to you.

There is not much that they can do on the spot because most of the sailings are full and they can not just create more tables, and the assignments were done in Miami by the dining room coordinator, ........ but since many of 'us' will want a change - it always happens, ....... there will be an oportunity for them to satisfy your request if possible, maybe on the second day or perhaps even third. There is only so much that they can do if few people make the changes.

Enjoy the cruise - you just might find some great table mates to make the cruise even nicer.

Happy sailing,

Wes

Thanks,

I have had some Great Table mates. So will just have to wait and see how things go.

As to making the Spa Treatment appointments the first day, if they have special prices during the week will they honor the lower price if you've booked a treatment that they are running a special price for that day with a lower price than the day you booked?

Thanks

Marcy

One of the first places we go when we board is to the dining room to find our table. On the larger ships, it may take a while to find it, but that is part of the fun and excitement. Sometimes there are staff in there that you can ask to make finding it a little easier.

Thanks,

I have had some Great Table mates. So will just have to wait and see how things go.

As to making the Spa Treatment appointments the first day, if they have special prices during the week will they honor the lower price if you've booked a treatment that they are running a special price for that day with a lower price than the day you booked?

Thanks

Marcy

The spa usually won't honor the discounted price if you already booked. The cruise line doesn't run the Spa, Steiner's (??) does.

###

Archived