Sauna and steam room?

lea

Can anyone give me any information on the sauna and steam room availability? On my recent carnival cruises they were always available at no additional cost, but I haven't heard the same about that on RC.

We have several sea days coming up on the Grandeur and it would be great to know if we could take advantage of that on our trip. Thanks.

There is no charge for the sauna or steam rooms. There are showers in there also and towels will be on the wall as you enter. On Radiance class ships, they also have the thermal suite for which there is a charge. It has the warm lounge chairs in front of windows facing the ocean, very nice but we didn't use it enough to make it worth the cost. They still have a free sauna and steam in the ladie's dressing room too though.

Are there seperate facilities in each locker room is there a gender "shared" sauna or steamroom? Mostly interested in Radiance class. To use them my wife would require assistance. Also...if seperate what's the "dress code"? Towel, wrap, swimsuit or whatever??? :o

They are actually in the gender specific locker rooms so no shared ones unless you pay for the thermal suite on the Radiance class. Those are open to either. In the locker rooms, I have seen all of the above, towels, bathing suits, nothing! I wear my bathing suit.

I have never found a crowd in either room pay or not. Many times I am the only one in the sauna or the steam room. I hope that people put towels down but that is honestly not what I have seen sometimes. I always take MY towel with me just in case!

I have never found a crowd in either room pay or not. Many times I am the only one in the sauna or the steam room. I hope that people put towels down but that is honestly not what I have seen sometimes. I always take MY towel with me just in case!

Yeah, exactly! You don't know, ahem, what was on that surface!

Yeah, exactly! You don't know, ahem, what was on that surface!

Ewww! Are ya'll trying to keep the steam rooms uncrowded?!:D

Ewww! Are ya'll trying to keep the steam rooms uncrowded?!:D

dang it, you're on to me!!!

Nah, actually, just trying to keep people healthy.

At our health club, one of my friends reported that her husband had sat without towel in the men's steam room to find that someone had squirted the eucalyptus on the bench. He will forever more use a towel.

dang it, you're on to me!!!

Nah, actually, just trying to keep people healthy.

At our health club, one of my friends reported that her husband had sat without towel in the men's steam room to find that someone had squirted the eucalyptus on the bench. He will forever more use a towel.

:D Nothing like learning things the hard way!:eek:

• 10 months later...

I always use the steam room after a workout. The voyageur class has some really nice ones that are spacious located in the restroom. I have never seen anyone else in there while I was there. They have three showers nearby that are normal size and nicer than the phone booth type in the cabins. Towels and soap are provided.

No matter what you wear or don't wear, it is proper hygiene to sit on a towel. In naturalists facilities, it is considered extremely rude to not sit on a towel and could be reason for expulsion. Please use a towel which is provided in the shower/restrooms.

They do have lockers available. The water sauna is shared.

Archived