Is 8:15 too early for Quick Shuttle from Ballantyne

Jen & Kim

We are scheduled to arrive at Ballantyne at 7am. I would like to book the earliest quick shuttle at 8:15 but am concerned we won't make it off the ship on time (we will not be carrying our own luggage off the ship).

Will we be able to make it off the ship on time to catch this shuttle or would we be better off getting the 9:15 departure?

Thanks!

We are scheduled to arrive at Ballantyne at 7am. I would like to book the earliest quick shuttle at 8:15 but am concerned we won't make it off the ship on time (we will not be carrying our own luggage off the ship).

Will we be able to make it off the ship on time to catch this shuttle or would we be better off getting the 9:15 departure?

Thanks!

Better getting an even later departure than 9:15AM. You MAY have to take a taxi to another Vancouver departure point.

You may not be off the ship until 10:00, especially if you have to wait for your luggage. All it takes in ONE person who hasn't reported for immigration or paid their room charges and NO ONE leaves the ship.

When aboard the ship they will canvas you as to what time your flight is, if you are departing Vancouver that day. The earlier your flight, generally the earlier you are disembarked. However the fact that the ship docks at 7:00 does not mean that you will be the first down the gangplank; in fact you will be lucky to get off any time before 8:00. The cruise lines do not recommend a flight out of YVR before 12:30. The cruise terminal is about 45 mins from YVR and for an international flight you should be there 2 hours before flight time. If you are departing Vancouver on the day of your ship's arrival, here is a link to a program that would likely work for you and you can contact your cruise line or TA about this.

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

HOWEVER- with this timeframe on Quickshuttle's schedule, cruise people can and do make it. They certainly aren't there, hanging around with no passengers. I suggest you contact Quickshuttle directly and inquire.

If you need any special help- porter's , W/c etc, then no, I wouldn't plan on this time. But if you are independent and manage your own bags completely on your own, verify with Quick Shuttle, then make your choice.

When aboard the ship they will canvas you as to what time your flight is, if you are departing Vancouver that day. The earlier your flight, generally the earlier you are disembarked. However the fact that the ship docks at 7:00 does not mean that you will be the first down the gangplank; in fact you will be lucky to get off any time before 8:00. The cruise lines do not recommend a flight out of YVR before 12:30. The cruise terminal is about 45 mins from YVR and for an international flight you should be there 2 hours before flight time. If you are departing Vancouver on the day of your ship's arrival, here is a link to a program that would likely work for you and you can contact your cruise line or TA about this.

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

I highly doubt they are departing Vancouver if using Quickshuttle?

Two things:

1. OP stated "we will not be carrying our own luggage off the ship". I see no way the OP will make an 8:15 shuttle, maybe not even the 9:15 shuttle if they have to wait for the ship to unload luggage, sort it all out AND get through customs.

2. Where is the OP taking the shuttle-Seattle or Vancouver Airport???

IF they booked flights out of Seattle shortly after noon, they could be in deep doo-doo trying to get there.

If flying out of Vancouver, take a taxi.

Until we hear from the OP, we really can't give better advice.

Two things:

1. OP stated "we will not be carrying our own luggage off the ship". I see no way the OP will make an 8:15 shuttle, maybe not even the 9:15 shuttle if they have to wait for the ship to unload luggage, sort it all out AND get through customs.

2. Where is the OP taking the shuttle-Seattle or Vancouver Airport???

IF they booked flights out of Seattle shortly after noon, they could be in deep doo-doo trying to get there.

If flying out of Vancouver, take a taxi.

Until we hear from the OP, we really can't give better advice.

Definately a good idea.

Budget Queen is right. If you are using Quick Shuttle, you are headed to SeaTac. Their busses are coordinated at the pier specifically for cruise ship arrivals. I've had no trouble meeting a 9:15am departure and arrived at the Seattle airport around 1pm. Since you are using Ballantyne, I assume you are aboard a Royal Caribbean ship. When I work as a lecturer, I always submit my pre-arrival paperwork as an "independent" and kept my luggage in the room. That way I could walk right off the ship in the morning. Last year, independents were allow to disembark at any time rather than waiting for a specific group. If you're going to do this, I'd recommend no more than one suitcase.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

We are taking the shuttle from Ballantyne to downtown Seattle. We are spending the night in Seattle and flying out the next day.

The shuttle times available are 8:15, 9:15 and 10:15. I thought 8:15 would be pushing it but if I could get off the ship and through customs by 9:15 it would be better than sitting around waiting for the 10:15 shuttle.

Archived