2009 Princess Cruises

janetz

Email promotion from my TA lists Princess Cruises in Europe May-Sept 2009. Except for the Carribean Princess which will sail from NY to the Carribean, First sailing will be May 24th 2009.

Ships in Europe

Crown

Emerald

Grand

Ruby

and Tahitian

Jan :)

Jan, yes I saw that info about Europe. Someone had posted the list last week and then I saw a article on CC. I think just about all of the ships will be either in Europe or Alaska.:D

Marilyn

I did a quick search and I can't find any cruises out of Port Everglades after May 2009 by any cruise line. They are back in the fall of 2009. The only Caribbean cruises that I found for the summer of 2009 from Florida cities was Carnival out of Miami, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Disney is also sailing out of Port Canaveral.

I guess the Caribbean has lost its popularity in the steamy summer months.

:D

I live in Florida and would not want to take a Caribbean cruise. Caribbean cruises used to be the mainstay of cruising but the times they are a changing.

Except for the Carribean Princess which will sail from NY to the Carribean, First sailing will be May 24th 2009.

Jan :)

Well, there goes my hopes for a Princess ship out of San Juan in the Summer or a 7 Day Bermuda sailing from New York.

While I am disappointed to hear this news, it does not surprise me at all that the CB will return to NYC for the Summer. Princess apparently realizes the obvious……Overall, the New York metropolitan area basically represents high prices. Add that to a high market that most from the area are able to shell out simply develops over and above profits for the cruiseline.

I wonder if that one week missing (05/17/09-05-24/09) will be a repositioning cruise from San Juan to New York or a week of some refurbishment.

I am also disappointed to read this. Was hoping for a ship leaving Ft. Lauderdale, as I have no intention of spending a night in N.Y. or Brooklyn. (and I spent my first 20 years there). No, thank you very much. This past summer Royal Caribbean sailed out of Port Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale, and I bet when their schedules come out they will again summer 09. They are pricier, but I am willing to give them a shot. I like to fly in the day before, and I am not spending 400.00 for a NY hotel when I could be on the beach in Florida.

Karen

I am also disappointed to read this. Was hoping for a ship leaving Ft. Lauderdale, as I have no intention of spending a night in N.Y. or Brooklyn. (and I spent my first 20 years there). No, thank you very much. This past summer Royal Caribbean sailed out of Port Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale, and I bet when their schedules come out they will again summer 09. They are pricier, but I am willing to give them a shot. I like to fly in the day before, and I am not spending 400.00 for a NY hotel when I could be on the beach in Florida.

Karen

We took a short RCI cruise last August out of Canaveral. Very easy port in/out and lots of low priced hotels nearby. Very pleasantly surprised.

Pia

We took a short RCI cruise last August out of Canaveral. Very easy port in/out and lots of low priced hotels nearby. Very pleasantly surprised.

Pia

Thank you Pia, the higer cruise prices annoy me, and I DO love Princess, but I am willing to give them a try. They have many devoted cruisers, and I am sure going to look into it.

Karen

Hi Karen.......I'm curious as to why you feel you want to fly to New York, isn't the drive a couple of hours..........just asking?

I'm not sure what Royal Caribbean's schedule will be like for Summer of 09, but most likely they will have at least two or three ships from the Florida area. As an FYI.......right now their Caribbean summer schedule is shorter cruises from Fort Lauderdale......the Mariner from Port Canaveral is the last season doing Caribbean, she is heading to the West Coast, and both Freedom class ships are in Miami.

Good luck in your planning, that is always fun!:)

Hi Karen.......I'm curious as to why you feel you want to fly to New York, isn't the drive a couple of hours..........just asking?

I'm not sure what Royal Caribbean's schedule will be like for Summer of 09, but most likely they will have at least two or three ships from the Florida area. As an FYI.......right now their Caribbean summer schedule is shorter cruises from Fort Lauderdale......the Mariner from Port Canaveral is the last season doing Caribbean, she is heading to the West Coast, and both Freedom class ships are in Miami.

Good luck in your planning, that is always fun!:)

Hi Roe, I dont want to leave from NY at all, but no, the drive is about 8 hours for me. Miami would do, I guess I will have to look into Royal. How did you like your cruise with them?

Karen

Hi Roe, I dont want to leave from NY at all, but no, the drive is about 8 hours for me. Miami would do, I guess I will have to look into Royal. How did you like your cruise with them?

Karen

We did enjoy our cruise with them but still prefer Princess. Mainly because we love anytime dining and feel the food is better on Princess. I know you book a mini-suite and on Royal, their standard balcony cabins are similar to the mini-suites on Princess when comparing square footage……roomy with a sofa but minus the bathtub.

IMO, Royal has a better room service menu, more spacious buffet area with easy access for refills, drinkable coffee, unlimited pool towels in the pool area and a more structured kids program, just small differences.

I don’t think you will be disappointed cruising with them.:)

Most of the cruise lines have not yet posted their schedules for Summer 2009. I'm sure when they do that there will be cruises from Fort Lauderdale. It's a very popular cruise port and they have done a lot to attract and keep cruise business.

Texalana :)

With the cost of flying and the sheer "hassle" of it I would think most of the cruiselines would consider NY and Boston. The ships would be full of folks who "hate the thought of flying". :)

Yes, 9 days. I just wish they would put another ship there in 2009 instead of the CB. :)

Thanks janetz! I had questioned you on our roll call too, and then posted it here, so you can ignore the other one :D

Archived