Lifeboat Drill?

DisneyJen

One week from today we will be heading to SJU for our week on SD1:D

I can't remember what time the lifeboat drill is on SD. Does anyone know? DH has suggested massages the day we board as a way to unwind so I am trying to figure out timing.

The lifeboat drill occurs sometime after 3 glasses of champagne, one mojito, meeting 20 fellow guests, 500 smiles, and precisely when I am ready to tumble into bed for my first of many naps.

Remember to bring along your Motion Sickness Remedy. If the winds hitting our east coast today, arrive at SJU the same evening as you do, then you may have very rough seas departing SJU during the night. We did have 8 foot seas in December and some of the passengers felt the motion. It has been an unusually rough and windy season in the tropics this year.

The lifeboat drill occurs sometime after 3 glasses of champagne, one mojito, meeting 20 fellow guests, 500 smiles, and precisely when I am ready to tumble into bed for my first of many naps.

That evoked quite a chuckle from DH, who can relate to timing on this schedule.

Hoping that the weather and Mother Ocean cooperate. Bathing suits, sun tan lotion and books are already pulled and ready to be packed. Will make a stop at CVS for motion in the ocean medicine (which we make take before we board:eek:).

I can't remember what time the lifeboat drill is on SD. Does anyone know? DH has suggested massages the day we board as a way to unwind so I am trying to figure out timing.

Ours was around 5pm. We'd already met some fabulous people by then and, although I hate to admit it, I spent more time giggling with them than paying attention. Shame on me. :eek:

Our countdown continues. We are digging out of 20" of snow from yesterday's blizzard. Right now, a glass of champagne on a sunbed with blues & greens surrounding us sounds very nice!

DJ, please be sure to report from SD1 as I'll be looking forward to reading. Happy packing!

Ours was around 5pm. We'd already met some fabulous people by then and, although I hate to admit it, I spent more time giggling with them than paying attention. Shame on me. :eek:

Our countdown continues. We are digging out of 20" of snow from yesterday's blizzard. Right now, a glass of champagne on a sunbed with blues & greens surrounding us sounds very nice!

DJ, please be sure to report from SD1 as I'll be looking forward to reading. Happy packing!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't remember the lifeboat drills on SD:p

Yikes, 20 inches of snow:eek: Sure don't miss that.

Packing is moving along ... there are now five books each, along with 4 bathing suits each, sunscreen (15, 30 and 45),hats and cover-ups on the pool table waiting to be packed. DH joked that all we need is already pulled and ready to go.

We did review his packing list last night.

I have to remember to move my Kenny Chesney CD from my car to DH's car so we can listen to them on the way to CLT on Saturday and then take them along.

Can't believe that this time next week we will be heading out of the hotel and on our way to pier:D

I have to remember to move my Kenny Chesney CD from my car to DH's car so we can listen to them on the way to CLT on Saturday and then take them along.

Don't you have another CD to pack also, DJ?

Archived