Royal Caribbean Cruise Docs

When people say they got their "cruise docs" in the mail, what exactly does it consist of? I am leaving in 2 weeks, and the only thing I received in the mail was a package with 2 small booklets, "Adventure Awaits" excursion guide and a Cruise vacation guide. Also came with some luggage tags... why am I thinking Cruse docs should contain some more "legal" type stuff??? Or is there more to come??? First Time Cruiser (obviously...:D )

Thanks!

When people say they got their "cruise docs" in the mail, what exactly does it consist of? I am leaving in 2 weeks, and the only thing I received in the mail was a package with 2 small booklets, "Adventure Awaits" excursion guide and a Cruise vacation guide. Also came with some luggage tags... why am I thinking Cruse docs should contain some more "legal" type stuff??? Or is there more to come??? First Time Cruiser (obviously...:D )

Thanks!

The "real" cruise docs are the ones you fill out online, print out and bring with you to the cruise terminal.

The "real" cruise docs are the ones you fill out online, print out and bring with you to the cruise terminal.

Ah!! Did printed those out a MONTH ago (can you tell I am ready to go??? Leaving in 2+ weeks and I am also half packed already.... LOL!!!

Thanks for the info!!!

I was worrying a bit about this too. We've booked our July cruise via a US based agent. We've had confirmation by email from them and our cruise shows in my account on the RCCI website, but we've not actually had any hard copies through the post. So is the fact that RCCI have it registered on their site enough? Do I just complete and print out the online checkin?

Years ago, (before computers were used so much), you would get actual "tickets", like airline tickets USED to be! Now, everything is "e"tickets! Not nearly as much fun, but sure less to lose!!!

And yes--if you filled out your setsail pass online--that's all you need, aside from your ID's!

I was worrying a bit about this too. We've booked our July cruise via a US based agent. We've had confirmation by email from them and our cruise shows in my account on the RCCI website, but we've not actually had any hard copies through the post. So is the fact that RCCI have it registered on their site enough? Do I just complete and print out the online checkin?

I believe they mail out the "docs" after final payment which is about 50 days out from the actual cruise date. I could be wrong though, so someone please correct me if I am.

Actually the booklet you get is the paper version of the cruise ticket.

If you look at page 37 "Charge Account and Cruise Ticket" you will see familiar things from your online SetSail pass.

In the old days or if you forget to do your SetSail pass you would detach that page, fill it out and give it to the person at the check in counter.

;)

So, if everything is online, where do you get your luggage tags from? I thought you were supposed to put them on before you get to the port?

If you get the paper docs your luggage tags are inserted. If you get e-docs your luggage tags are at the end of your e-docs. Just cut them out.

:D

If you get the paper docs your luggage tags are inserted. If you get e-docs your luggage tags are at the end of your e-docs. Just cut them out.

:D

We just booked a cruise that is 12 days away and the edoc tag does not have a room assigned - what do we do with that?

We just booked a cruise that is 12 days away and the edoc tag does not have a room assigned - what do we do with that?

Do you have a room assignment?

I did the e-docs just once and it had tags at the end. They looked like the once you get in the mail. I just used a full size label sheet as last page. After printing I cut them out, cut 1" of the protective paper out and put them on my luggage as I would normally do.

:confused:

If you don't have tags on your e-docs just get a blank tag with one of the porters at the pier.

Don't forget to do your "doc dance"!! That's what you do when you actually have your cruise docs in hand. I think they ask you at the port if you did it. If not, they don't let you on.:D :D :D :D :eek:

Don't forget to do your "doc dance"!! That's what you do when you actually have your cruise docs in hand. I think they ask you at the port if you did it. If not, they don't let you on.:D :D :D :D :eek:

I don't think outside CC anybody has ever heard about a 'doc dance'. ;)

Something new in the booklet of info. It states the manifest for the

cruise must be turned in 2 hours prior to sailing. It also says everyone

must be on board no less than 90 minutes prior. In the past, I've seen

taxis pull up and people run like crazy at the last minute. The new

security rules absolutely will not allow that.

Best thing you can do is print your Set Sail Pass and your credit card.

Have them ready with your passport or ID in hand and get there

comfortably early. Many times I've had to get my cabin assignment

from a porter, and fill out luggage tags right then. It's no problem.

I don't think outside CC anybody has ever heard about a 'doc dance'. ;)

That's probably true! I had never heard of it before I started here. But, now that the OP is on CC, they need to learn the routine!! Don't you think?:D

The only thing that came with my e-docs was a little sample looking part of a luggage tag. It is 4 inches long. I asked my TA and she said I could either print a lot of them and staple several together or wait until we get to the port and get them there. Wonder why some e-docs have them and some don't? I would rather have them done before we get there.

Archived