Liquor Smugglers Beware~!! (Multi-ship experiences - merged)

Yep, so you decide whether you're willing to take the risk of possibly losing your alcohol. Realistically -- unless you do something else to disgrace yourself -- you're not going to be kicked off the ship.

Think about it: It'd be a horrible business decision to kick you off for bringing alcohol. It means that your cabin would sail empty. Your waiters and room stewards would not be tipped. You would not buy anything from the ship stores, you would not take part in ship's excursions -- they would lose money!

AND you'd leave very disgruntled. They don't need that bad press.

No, unless you act like a jerk, threaten someone or otherwise behave badly while they're taking it, you're not going to be kicked off. If you get caught, just say you were under the impression that no one cares about a small amount (which is really true), and accept it gracefully; you'll get your alcohol back anyway.

AS LONG AS it's in the original containers.

If you have decanted the booze into a sneaky container, and they catch it, they will throw it out.

I feel if you are caught smuggling alcohol you should be fined $250 / bottle just like any smokers caught smoking in their cabin. As stated earlier rules are rules who are you to break them? I am a smoker and even though I don't like the new smoking rules I will abide by them. Don't be so cheap if you like to have a few cocktails.

I feel if you are caught smuggling alcohol you should be fined $250 / bottle just like any smokers caught smoking in their cabin. As stated earlier rules are rules who are you to break them? I am a smoker and even though I don't like the new smoking rules I will abide by them. Don't be so cheap if you like to have a few cocktails.

The $250 is for cabin cleanup.

Unless you vomit all over your cabin because you were drinking smuggled liquor, it's just not equivalent. :rolleyes:

Go muck up a smoking thread, please, and leave this one alone! :mad:

Flat irons are for hair. I doubt that she could have gone to the laundry room to have her hair flat ironed. Although, could it possibly be one-half the price of the beauty salon??? :)

In the dark ages when I was in college there were no flat irons, I remember girls actually using a regular iron to straighten their hair.:eek:

Sorry you had were not able to get on your liquor you should have got the rumrunner. No irons on Voyager and Smoking is not a problem. You can not smoke in the room but there are plenty of places to smoke. My husband did not have any problem. We even could smell someone smoking in the hall on the 8th floor with we were on. Here in Galveston there are not worried about bringing on your bottle you will not have any problems even if it is spring break.

Sorry you had were not able to get on your liquor you should have got the rumrunner. No irons on Voyager and Smoking is not a problem. You can not smoke in the room but there are plenty of places to smoke. My husband did not have any problem. We even could smell someone smoking in the hall on the 8th floor with we were on. Here in Galveston there are not worried about bringing on your bottle you will not have any problems even if it is spring break.

I understand that grammar, spelling and punctuation are not to be criticized, but could you may be repost, so that some of us can comment?

It doesn't say will be but may be reinforced up to and including disembarkation.

See below from my eDocs. Just keep in small original bottles (mini preferably and you won't have a problem).

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverage onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. RoyalCaribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be reinforced up to and including disembarkation, if the guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Mouthwash? A lot of brands of mouthwash contain a lot of alcohol.

I always smuggle my liquor bottle in the front of my speedo.

#1. Embarkation is great when you wear a speedo and tank top.

#2. No one in their right mind is gonna frisk someone in a speedo.

There is no room for a travel iron in a speedo, so have your children hide that.

Once on board I usually change into my jock strap and sailors cap, and save as many deck chairs as possible.

Do you save your deck chair with your liquor bottle?:D

I normally take a little something of my own for the convenience factor (cabin consumption) but I'm too lazy to worry about it during spring break. Actually I won't sail during spring break but if I did, I wouldn't pack anything because the hassle doesn't pay off.

Mouthwash? A lot of brands of mouthwash contain a lot of alcohol.

A lot of people have come up with the trick that if you buy the orginal mouthwash (brown yucky stuff) you can dump it out and fill it with a brown liquior. I believe this is the reason that RC says they have a right to check mouthwash. Not because they think you are going to be taking shots of mouthwash in your cabin. :p

I brought a 1/2 bottle of baileys and a 1/2 bottle of malibu on my last trip. I put them into water bottles, in plastic bags, wrapped up with all my clothes. All came through just fine.

I think the big key for me was that I was not bringing a bar supply worth of alcohol, and it was not spring break. This was a midsemester cruise with a little bit to end my nights after dinner.

Trip home was just fine as well with all liquids in checked baggage.

PS- curling irons are fine with TSA but you should probably put it on checked baggage. Cruise wont have a problem with this but if youre on RCCL..... DO NOT bring a clothes iron.

I'm certain that the spring break thing is responsible for the crack-down - as it probably should be. We're in our 60's - DH always has a 24 oz. bottle of Diet Pepsi in an insultated carrier, while I always have one of water. No one has EVER questioned what was in these bottles when we go through security either first getting on the ship or at ports. I have no doubt that if we were considerably younger, there would be a "sniff test" at security each time.

Friends just boarded ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS this afternoon and had their 2 bottles of wine and 1 Bottle Gin confiscated. The note in the luggage says they can claim it at the end of the Cruise. Oh well... Afternoon announcement from Captain as they departed stated the policy was being strictly enforced. My Friends say that there is a huge group of FSU and UF spring breakers.

Well, at least they get the bottles back.

P.S. They didn't confiscate the travel iron....

Not to get caught up in the great smuggling debate but I see it as inevitable that cruise lines will crack down as hard as possible on booze smugglers. Alcohol sales are too big a profit center for them. If they wish to keep the "base cost" of a cruise at a competitive level, they have to make their profit elsewhere (liquor, photos, etc.)

We just returned from the Liberty on Saturday. We took a "few full bottles" of adult beverages for our room. The room attendant told us as long as the bottles were not in plain view that he didnt mind, But he also said that the Supervisors frequently entered rooms to check for such things so he told us to leave the bottles in a draw. Apparently the supervisors are NOT allowed to open any draws with personal belongings in them.

Archived