Rather have vodka than peroxide!

We couldn't get the previous out. I washed out a mouthwash bottle pretty good. We put vodka. DH still swore he could taste the mouthwash. I have bought travel bottles and use them.

I see we are from the same neck of the woods.

Yes, get the rum runner flasks instead of trying to put them in a mouthwash bottle. I was on a cruise with RCL when they were cracking down on our cruise and the ones before us. They were totally onto that trick of putting it in another bottle. All that they did was throw it away if it was in another container. If you left it in the original container, they labeled it if they found it and at least you got it back.

Im not sure why folks think the folks that do the screening arent onto this trick. they have seen it all for years.

Hi Suezyq50

Did you get any snow yesterday? Ha-ha, they always make us think the big snow storm is coming and then ................... We're originally from FL so I'd like to see a little snow! Been in Calhoun 10 years and still seen just a little.

Guessing I'll buy rumrunner flasks this time. One question though, would they take a mouthwash bottle but not a rumrunner flask? Only 35 more work days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my trick. I buy a 6 pack of water in shrink wrap. I gently pull the bottles out, one at a time, fill them with vodka, and ease them back in. I figure they are less likely to be suspicious of a 6 pack of water in shrink wrap!

The plastic those containers are made with will retain the "taste" of the original liquids. And no matter how many times I washed the bottle, I would not feel comfortable drinking from something that once housed peroxide. And I don't want my rum and cokes tasting of mouthwash!

Why don't you just get some big water bottles and empty those?

Yes, get the rum runner flasks instead of trying to put them in a mouthwash bottle. I was on a cruise with RCL when they were cracking down on our cruise and the ones before us. They were totally onto that trick of putting it in another bottle. All that they did was throw it away if it was in another container. If you left it in the original container, they labeled it if they found it and at least you got it back.

Im not sure why folks think the folks that do the screening arent onto this trick. they have seen it all for years.

Just out of curiosity from one who doesn't "smuggle," how in the world would they test every bottle of mouthwash, etc. that people bring on board with them? Is there some screening mechanism specifically targeted to detecting potable alcohol?

Hi Suezyq50

Did you get any snow yesterday? Ha-ha, they always make us think the big snow storm is coming and then ................... We're originally from FL so I'd like to see a little snow! Been in Calhoun 10 years and still seen just a little.

Guessing I'll buy rumrunner flasks this time. One question though, would they take a mouthwash bottle but not a rumrunner flask? Only 35 more work days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were suspious of my hair spray bottle I had in my carryon bag one cruise, they actually opened it and smelled it.

and yes it was hair spray.

... are said (by cruise line security people) to be undetectable in checked baggage. They are also robust, take up little room in your case and are pretty leakproof. I drink plenty at the bars on board but love to be able to have a sundowner in my cabin (on the balcony if I can afford it) without the hassle of running up to a bar to buy one. Altho', talking about residual taste despite washing, I can still smell the coconut rum I put in one flask for my cruise at Christmas - I don't mind, it brings back memories ...

I already bought the rum runners, but someone told my husband that he had a "surefire" way of getting alcohol on board. I've read all these boards and have never seen anything about it here so thought I'd see what you all think.

Hubby was told to line an empty cigarette carton with foil and then place miniatures in it, and reseal the carton. Said that the foil will disguise the miniatures and no suspicion will be aroused because cigarettes packages are foil lined. Sounds reasonable but we are going on the super sluth alcohol searcher line, NCL. LOL

Do you all know Reef makes flask flip flops!

http://feet.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/04/reef_flask_sandals.php

Okay I'm pro-smuggling , so by no means is this a dis. But I just clicked the sandal flask link..............................OMG!.........there are no words. There is not that much need for alcohol in the world for me to squeeze it out of my shoe. LMBO.........If you buy this item, AA needs to be your next phone call. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!1:D

Okay I'm pro-smuggling , so by no means is this a dis. But I just clicked the sandal flask link..............................OMG!.........there are no words. There is not that much need for alcohol in the world for me to squeeze it out of my shoe. LMBO.........If you buy this item, AA needs to be your next phone call. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!1:D

I would agree with you except for the fact that each shoe only holds 3 ounces! Not going to hold an alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) very long. LOL

Do you all know Reef makes flask flip flops!

http://feet.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/04/reef_flask_sandals.php

Too weird...but hey, didn't Prince Charming drink champagne out of Cinderella's glass slipper? On the practical side, seems to me they'd be awfully heavy... never mind the embarrassing ploshing noise you'd make walking around with less-than-full sandals. And think of the fun you could have wearing them through airport security! :p

I already bought the rum runners, but someone told my husband that he had a "surefire" way of getting alcohol on board. I've read all these boards and have never seen anything about it here so thought I'd see what you all think.

Hubby was told to line an empty cigarette carton with foil and then place miniatures in it, and reseal the carton. Said that the foil will disguise the miniatures and no suspicion will be aroused because cigarettes packages are foil lined. Sounds reasonable but we are going on the super sluth alcohol searcher line, NCL. LOL

I don't know how NCL handles it, but during spring break, which is about the time you're going, RCCL security has a method (I can't explain it here ;) ) and so that won't work. Neither will the rum runners.

• 1 year later...
Try Platypus bottles or Rumrunner flasks. Do a google search. They are the best way to get liquids on board.

I looked at the site...Im confused about the rum runner. Why is it better or more discrete to have this clear thing of liquor in my suit case VS. just having a bottle or putting the liquor into a disguised bottle. Im just confused. I think Im missing something about the "Rum Runner." Help me out I want to bring some along!

Once upon a time, I put vodka in water bottles. The trick is to make sure the "tamperproof" seal looks intact. Simply heat the seal with a blowdryer and gently pull it off; open; refill; close; reheat the seal and carefully put it back on the bottle and as it cools it will conform to the profile of the bottle. Choose a product that is appropriate to the color of your liquor. (don't put vodka in a coke bottle and expect to fool anyone, as someone tried on NCL a few years ago.)

As to your original question; I would first fill it with vinegar and let it sit awhile; and then fill it with a baking soda solution and let that sit awhile. And, then wash with regular dish detergent to make sure all of baking soda residue/film is gone.

Good luck!

PS: I no longer try to disguise my booze . . . if I get caught, so be it. But, I still haven't been caught.

Why don't y'all just take new enema bags if you need your booze that badly? Spend $3,000 on a cruise and worry about what the booze costs, have to smuggle it to have a "good time"? All in the name of alcohol?? (scratching head)...:confused:

I am confident there are those that would use an enema bag if they thought it would work. Some are above nothing when it comes to smuggling their precious booze, all in the name of avoiding paying shipboard prices which are still comparable to what one would expect at a nice restaurant or bar in a large city. Go figure.

Archived