Cashing Check onboard in Euros?

Clay Clayton

I know that you can cash traveler's checks onboard and I know that you can exchange your dollars for Euros, or other currency on board so it only makes sense to me that I should be able to cash a traveler's check that is already in Euros on board. Can anyone confirm this? I am interested as I have read that the onboard conversion rate isn't very good and I have just learned that one of the benefits of my account at Bank of America is free traveler's checks (and i get to pick the currency) so I was thinking this might be one way to save a little bit...of course with my luck, I will buythem now and the dollar will be back to normal by the time I get there and I will really be the looser!......anyway, I guess all life is a gamble.

Clay

We cashed T/C's in euros on the Gem in October. There was no charge for getting cash in euros.

We got the T/C's in advance to pay for private tours in Rome and Naples, then found some people to share the tours so we had excess checks. Rather than hit ATM's we just cashed the checks.

Archived