How to identify other CC'ers

jrobinso

Looking for ideas on how to identify other CC'ers. Our meet and greet is scheduled for the 2nd day, so we thought it might be fun to wear some type of identifier in case we run into each other while boarding. We've talked about lei's, but this is a Panama Canal cruise so we were afraid others might think we were confused!!! Any other ideas?? Thanks.

We traded photos beforehand so that was sort of helpful, but I suspect you are asking about something that you could wear. You could always buy CC pins, but those are sort of small. Maybe Mardi Gras beads? Those shouldn't be too common in Panama and they are pretty inexpensive at most party stores.

Charlie

Looking for ideas on how to identify other CC'ers. Our meet and greet is scheduled for the 2nd day, so we thought it might be fun to wear some type of identifier in case we run into each other while boarding. We've talked about lei's, but this is a Panama Canal cruise so we were afraid others might think we were confused!!! Any other ideas?? Thanks.

We just returned from The Star and what we did was wear red ribbons that were in a bow shape that we could pin on. We were able to get a notice in the Patter for additional meetings. Enjoy the Canal we did on a few years ago.

Our CC group suggested that all the women wear a tropical flower over their ear....This was on the Tahitian Princess, so most everyone planned to purchase tropical flower arrangements for their cabins at Le Marche prior to the cruise...and the flower idea worked fine.

You could also use small silk flowers worn over the ear if fresh flowers were not so readily available.

On our cruise on the Golden, we had a Pirate theme...it was a lot of fun. Most everyone had a Pirate scarf,some wore eye patches, hats, swords and or whatever..we had a lot of laughs. Of course we had a huge Roll Call and someone came up with the idea months before we sailed.Someone also made self stick ID labels (badges) with everyones name on it

For our Caribbean cruise in October we did Mardi Gras beads for both weeks at all of our Meet & Greets. It was easy to spot people for our Meet and Greets especially if you looked like you were trying to find people at the designated location. We would yell out "beads" and alas, more people to say hello to in person. It was also interesting when we would give our name, then be asked to give our CC name and see the smiles (thankfully) come across Member faces.

Does anyone know if Princess (or other CCL ships) have considered having an official CC party? I know that the RCL ships have one, and Royal did a pretty nice job. They had out special canapies and gave out little door prizes.

I know that those ships take what goes on these boards very seriously. HAL didnt do the greets a few years ago, but it would seem to make sense to do something official.

Does anyone know if Princess (or other CCL ships) have considered having an official CC party?

One of our Roll Call members was able to set up a Princess sponsored Meet & Greet for us. (He called Princess directly and talked with Passenger Services once he got on board the ship.) In order for us to have an area all to ourselves, we had to promise a certain number of people to attend. They closed the Wheelhouse Bar and the event was listed (and there was a sign too) as "Friends of CruiserJanet". Our member had it listed this way since I had started the Roll Call. Hey, nice to have friends. LOL!! He had experience in the past where it was listed as a Cruise Critic event and lots of people showed up to complain about cruising so he did the "Friends of..." for this reason. We ended up having a nice turnout. I have the nifty sign (which Princess made) in my scrapbook.

Archived