transfrers from Harwich to Heathrow

janines

We arrive in Heathrow on Aug 1st on the Constellation. I received a price of $85 per person for travel to the airport. One, how far is Heathrow from Harwich. Two, is there a group that we can join to the airport. Our flight leaves Heathrow at noon.

janines

Harwich is about 2-1/2 hours from Heathrow on a good day. If there's any kind of traffic, it can take days (or seem like it).

If you're trying to find other people to share a van or bus with, check the Roll Call section for your sailing. We were able to mooch a ride on a bus with some fellow CCers last year (thanks, Claire!), which saved us quite a bit of hassle and money. For the return, $85 is a good price - we were quoted $600 for a private car, so we opted to take the Royal Caribbean excursion that was basically a sightseeing ride through London, an hour's stop to wander about a bit and then transfer to the airport. Your flight leaves too early for that, though.

Good evening,

On a good day, count on being started on the road ALREADY by 7.00am if your flight is at Noon., not a moment later.

That really leaves no room for '' cheap alternatives'' and the cruise line's transfer is really your safest and most practical bet. Ships normally are moored by 0500 in Harwich; I'd suppose debark procedures commence around 0600 ( again, '' on a good day''....!!! ) .If you're ''first off'' on a cruise line transfer, your bus ought to be ready to hightail out of Harwich shortly before 0700.

NOW, even the above idealistic scenario is a weebit tight , since you technically have to arrive at your departing airport 3 hours prior to a noon-time scheduled departure ( SPECIALLY Heathrow !!!!!);; that would mean 0900,,,,and you don't have a chance of doing that ,even leaving a bit before 0700 from Harwich....

Is your air booked thru the cruiseline ??? I'm thinking they perhaps wouldn't let you pick a flight that early.....

A private taxi would set you back approx 130 pounds sterling...3 or 4 of you could split the equivalent $260 approx......if on the road right at 0630 latest, again ''on a good day''....THAT could deposit you outside your terminal at Heathrow 9.00-ish....

Good luck

Cheers

:eek: :)

By way of comparison, if you take the train to Heathrow it will cost about 40 pounds - or $80 and will take you at least 2.5 hours.

It will involve at least 2 changes, including a cross-town trip in central London.

If your flight leaves at noon, you'll be travelling into London and across it with the communting hoards

Take the transfer bus, it's going to be a lot less stressful.

But don't be surprised if it, too gets snarled in the traffic en route! At least it's the cruise line's resposibility to get you to the flight on time (if you booked it through the cruise line, that is!).

I know the route and I'd take the transfer bus any day

Either choice, you won't see anything of the sites of London, so don't think your missing out on a tourism opportunity

Harwich is about 2-1/2 hours from Heathrow on a good day. If there's any kind of traffic, it can take days (or seem like it).

Probably - on Sat/Sun. During the week M-F, expect it to take much longer. (Morning rush hour on M25!! :eek: )

Suggest you rebook the flight for the next day and stay overnight somewhere. What if the ship arrives late?

Probably - on Sat/Sun. During the week M-F, expect it to take much longer. (Morning rush hour on M25!! :eek: )

Suggest you rebook the flight for the next day and stay overnight somewhere. What if the ship arrives late?

:cool: Hi,

NOW you're talking !!! It's been my ''religion'' to never arrive ''the day of'' and never schedule a return flight ''the day of'' unless I can swing it with a late afternoon flight at the earliest.

Harwich arrival ?? The ideal situation is do follow your good suggestion. Why ruin all the relaxations enjoyed during a cruise with a blood pressure-building experience on the last day....and before a looooong TA flight ??

Cheers

;)

:cool: Hi,

NOW you're talking !!! It's been my ''religion'' to never arrive ''the day of'' and never schedule a return flight ''the day of'' unless I can swing it with a late afternoon flight at the earliest.

Harwich arrival ?? The ideal situation is do follow your good suggestion. Why ruin all the relaxations enjoyed during a cruise with a blood pressure-building experience on the last day....and before a looooong TA flight ??

Cheers

;)

I applaude your approach. There is someone further down this thread who wants to transfer from Dover to Heathrow for a noon-ish flight on day of arrival. Ouch!

I did some investigation since my message. The cruise transportation will not allow anyone to book with them unless their flight is after 1pm. We can depart the ship as early as 6 am. I did find a company for drive us to the airport for L140. It is called London aire connections. This is the best quote so far. The sight shows many signs that give them respectable marks. Has anyone heard of this company or can recommend any others?

janines

I did some investigation since my message. The cruise transportation will not allow anyone to book with them unless their flight is after 1pm.

janines

Good evening...

BINGO !! : there's the answer to all your queries . Noon flight is too early ,period.

The amount you were quoted for a private taxi is quite reasonnable. The time window given to them under your actual circumstances is not.

Even under a 110% perfect scenario, with everything 150% right on cue, leaving the ship at 0600, finding the taxi, loading and departing ....absolutely no way anybody can deposit you outside TIII, IV or II at Heathrow in time for a flight scheduled for 1200 -noon departure.

The second half of your trip , in that time window, would put you dead smack in the middle of Greater London rush hour...and beleive me, it is ZOOISH !!! The portion on # M-25 will acquaint you with what an 8 lane-wide parking lot looks like.

Best wishes - Good luck in trying to arrange a later flight.....( short of simply staying over in the UK for a night )

Cheers

:eek:

Archived