Do any Lip "Plumpers" really work?

Well, I must be getting closer to the cruise... I've started really looking at ways to make myself look the best. Next topic: Kind of thinnish lips...

I've seen the ads, but do any of these really help? Does it last long?

Not quite ready for injections :eek:

___

The best product I have ever found was a cheapie wet n wild lip gloss that I bought at Wal-Mart. In my young vain days I did do lip injections and I actually liked this lip gloss better. A check search of their website makes me think maybe they no longer make it but it couldnt hurt to check in the store. It was a clear tube with Navy blue lettering. Good Luck!

Have you tried using a lip-liner to outline your lips slightly outside your natural lip line? After doing so, fill in your lips with lip-liner and then apply your lipstick without going over the line. Dab carefully with a single-ply tissue and apply another coat of lipstick, followed by gloss if required. You will find your lips appear plumper and your lip colour will last longer.

Carol

I'm a fan of the Bath and Body Works "mentha" lip glosses. They come in colors or just clear, and although I don't think the tube says anything about plumping, the peppermint oil does the trick for me and my lips become very full. The glosses are meant to freshen breath too - it's a really versatile product that I always keep in my purse. I think they're around $7-$8.

I also just bought the Volume Seduction gloss by Maybelline and I liked that as well.

Thanks everyone, I'm writing these down to keep as I go shopping. Hope I find at least one of these. I bought something a while back & didn't notice any difference & was disappointed. My lips aren't super thin, but as I age they just don't look as good.

I thought maybe like the self tanner thread, that a "clear winner" would come out that lots of people had tried & it really worked like the ad says it will...

__

Victoria's Secret has a lip plumper. I use the regular kind in baby pink not the extreme (see link) and it works to smooth out those little creases in my lips. I imagine the extreme would do more of what you are looking for. Wait for a sale, its 26$ a tube, but mine has lasted since Christmas and I reapply three or four days a day every day, ie I use ALOT. I got mine for 10$ instead of 18$.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=8L-202775&page=1&cgname=OSMKPLIPZZZ&rfnbr=2533&pn=false

I love the regular Lipfusion, and had a chance to try the XL version...let me say first, the main reason I love the regular, is that it doesnt burn-at all. It makes your lips feel a bit "strechy" but no pain.

Anyhow, I happened upon the XL when I was moving, and kept it with me (couldnt find any other glosses at the time) I used it about three times a day (The instructions say to use it at night) anyway, when I woke up- WOW! My lips were VERY noticibly bigger, and a bit irritated, but not too bad, it actually gave them color for a change. I just put a bit of regular balm on them & they looked great (and large) for another couple of days!

Bottom line is- this stuff works! I still use it on occasion, but never three times a day! ;)

Sally Hansen Lip Infusion. They have different shades of pink to match your lip's hue and they each come with a clear gloss if you just want the "wet" look. I don't get "Angelina Jolie lips" from it, but I could tell they were a tad bit fuller and I loved it! Plus I've seen the product at KMart, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens... lots of places and it's cheap. I think $6.99 for both. ;)

I've used lip plumper from Victoria's secret. It wasn't $25.00 though, so maybe mine was a "step down" version. In any event, it works, but it stings. Make sure you don't have chapped lips, you will feel like they have been rubbed with jalopenos, lol.

I think lip glosses all plump your lips a little, so if you don't need anything drastic, they're a good choice.

I love the regular Lipfusion, and had a chance to try the XL version...let me say first, the main reason I love the regular, is that it doesnt burn-at all. It makes your lips feel a bit "strechy" but no pain.

Anyhow, I happened upon the XL when I was moving, and kept it with me (couldnt find any other glosses at the time) I used it about three times a day (The instructions say to use it at night) anyway, when I woke up- WOW! My lips were VERY noticibly bigger, and a bit irritated, but not too bad, it actually gave them color for a change. I just put a bit of regular balm on them & they looked great (and large) for another couple of days!

Bottom line is- this stuff works! I still use it on occasion, but never three times a day! ;)

Not familiar with this brand.

Where can I buy it?

modele..it is made in France isn't "cheap" but was one of the 1st on the market with wrinkle reducer & lip treatments.

The original products took a bit of time to show the difference. The new line is pretty much instant.(as we are an impatient society).

Either line has to be used regularly & consistantly. It has long term benifits that way plus once you have seen the results, going back to the before look will appear worse.

The wrinkle eraser pencil works within 5-10 minutes. Lines running from nose downward & above the lips, forehed etc. visibly reduce BUT deeper lines do not dissapear they plump up & are not as deep.

The lip treatment works but doesn't over extend your lips. You want to stay plumped within your lips original outline, not stretched beyond that..

that 's what this product does.

check out the web site www.clubmodele.

el tigre

I'm a fan of the Bath and Body Works "mentha" lip glosses. They come in colors or just clear, and although I don't think the tube says anything about plumping, the peppermint oil does the trick for me and my lips become very full. The glosses are meant to freshen breath too - it's a really versatile product that I always keep in my purse. I think they're around $7-$8.

I also just bought the Volume Seduction gloss by Maybelline and I liked that as well.

I completely agree about the victoria's secret mentha lip gloss, it's fabulous! My lips look great whenever I put it on.

Works for me- it really plumps my lips. It does tingle, not as badly as DuWop lip Venom (my boyfriend finally took this away from me because it stung him when he kissed me!) but you'll feel it.

I also use Lip Fushion and it works well too. Not much of a burn or tingle, mildly plumps your lips.

I'm really surprised to hear that any of these products work!! I have tried several myself with no results. And I have read many consumer reviews, all of which agree that there is no product that will do what these products claim. :cool:

I think that it depends on how sensitive your lips are. The VS kind works with me, but my best friend uses it as well and it doesn't work for her. She uses it just because she likes the color. I am not super sensitive to products but when I use the VS kind I can actually feel my lips get a little swollen. While it doesn't poof them up like Angelina Jolie, it does fill in the little lines and makes them smoother. It's enough for me.

• 5 years later...

Elf has a lip plumper/primer combo for $3 at Target or on their web site. I got it earlier this year for the primer. I don't need it for the plumper but when I used it I noticed a difference in my lip size. If you live near a Sephora store drop in there and the staff can help you out. They may be pricier but they tend to know what they are talking about.

Margaret, I use Bare Escentuals Buxom. It tingles some but there is no burning sensation. I've used it long enough to become accustomed to it, but DH notices on his lips if he kisses me while I'm wearing it. I think it makes lip lines appear less noticeable. --Debbie