Do any Lip "Plumpers" really work?

Margaret, I use Bare Escentuals Buxom. It tingles some but there is no burning sensation. I've used it long enough to become accustomed to it, but DH notices on his lips if he kisses me while I'm wearing it. I think it makes lip lines appear less noticeable. --Debbie

Another vote for BE Buxom. I love it!!!!

Be careful with these. They "plump" by using essential oils and such to irritate your lips to make them swell. Think of what happens if you accidentally sunburn your lips - that's what it feels like and looks like to me.

Be sure that the essential oil is something that you are not cosmetically allergic to! I can't do anything with cinnamon in it (soaps, lotions, oils, etc.). I didn't notice one that I tried has cinnamon in it and my lips weren't the only thing that were affected - my lips AND cheeks were burning hot. I spent the evening with cold washcloths on my face :eek:

• 1 month later...

I tried the ELF product from Target. My experience was that the lip plumper didn't really do anything, and the cinnamon was rather tingly! I thought the primer did a good job of helping my lipstick to last longer, but the light color changed the color of my lipstick so I wasn't happy with it.

Will try the BE next!