Rover Schooner in Seward?

whale-watcher

Anyone have any experience with this excursion? We were considering the Resurrection Bay wildlife cruise as well, but really like sailboats. We are already planning longer wildlife/glacier small boat excursions in Valdez (Columbia Glacier) and possibly Kodiak, and want to leave time for the Sea Life Center so my youngest can do the "Puffin encounter", so will not have time for the longer excursions here (we are on the Tahitian Princess, and in port from 8a-6p).

Go for you boat choice, IF that is the only priority. Otherwise, I never recommend any bay cruises, you never loose sight of Seward and not likely any wildlife. Frankly, seeing the puffins in the wild is spectacular and Seward Kenai Fjords boat tours are loaded with close up views.

Does anyone know if puffins are possible/probable on our Columbia Glacier cruise out of Valdez? If so, we might elect to go kayaking in Sitka (or Seward) instead of taking additional wildlife cruises..

Thanks!

Nope, no way in the numbers out of Seward.

Nope, no way in the numbers out of Seward.
thanks...that's helpful information.

I am wondering what we are likely to see on our boat excursion out of Kodiak as well...but it should be interesting no matter what.

As usual, there is more to see and do than we have time available...we will just have plan on going again in another couple of years:)

The sailboat looks really nice out in the bay. They let you help with the sails for a hands on experince. If you like sailboats I recommend going.
Thanks...we are looking for varied experiences the kids might enjoy, and this sounds like fun:)

Archived