Ocho Rios

Floflegs

We were a bit apprehensive about docking in Ocho Rios as we didn't like Montego Bay the last time we visited Jamaica. However we were pleasantly surprised. We booked Wentworth Pearson who gave us an excellent personalised tour as we didn't want to do Dunn's River Falls. I would recommend him.

http://www.wentworthtours.com/ is his website.

We don't snorkel or anything like that but we did the shopping area right near the pier in Ocho Rios. I think its call Island Beach or something like that. Its very safe as there are lots of police/guards around. My DH got a great buy on a watch from some store with ROYAL in its name. I picked up some souveniers for the grandkids, jewelry, etc. Across the street from this shoppig area is aother that is a 2 story.

I didn't do that in Montego Bay....it was horrible. Didn't feel safe at all there. We took our kids and grandkids on a cruise last summer and MB was one of the ports. It was awful. All we did (13 of us) was take a van to Margaritaville for lunch, drinks and let the grandkids swim and back to the ship. I didn't feel safe at all in MB and if it was ever a port on one of our itineraries, I wouldn't even get off the ship.

rcprnss, we could have done pretty well anything we liked on our tour but left it up to Wentworth. First he took us to a viewpoint overlooking the sea and we had a sample of some raw sugar cane. Then we went to the Waasi Potttery Factory. Next was a drive through Fern Gulley with a stop at the stalls at the top. Prices there were very reasonable. Then we went to Coyaba River Gardens. We decided to do both the gardens and Mahoe Falls. It was an extra $10 each to see both. We had an excellent and very knowledgable guide there. When we left there we went back to the town. We got dropped off at Taj Mahal shopping centre and then walked to Island Village and back to the ship. Wentworth charged $30 each. If you went to anywhere that cost you paid it yourself. So all in all we were $40 each. Hope this helps.

Archived